Customer Discussions > The Darjeeling Limited forum

change the title?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 10, 2010 7:49:32 PM PDT
Is Criterion returning the film to its working title? or did Amazon just get the name wrong? According to IMDb, there is no film called "The Darjeeling Express", just wanted to make sure this is the Blu-ray for the film "The Darjeeling Limited" that I saw in theaters a couple years back. Thanks!

Posted on May 11, 2010 11:39:58 AM PDT
paper tiger says:
Yeah, I was just wondering about that. The Darjeeling Limited is a pretty good (not his best) Wes Anderson film. I've never heard of the Darjeeling Express.

Amazon better check themselves before they reck themselves.

Posted on May 13, 2010 12:14:25 PM PDT
paper tiger says:
They Fixed it!

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2010 3:33:07 PM PDT
S. H. Wells says:
Are we sure that these are Criterion releases (blu-rays of Thin Red Line, Darjeeling Ltd, Seven Samurai, Videodrome, and Antichrist)? I dont see these in Criterion's catalogue? And I dont see Criterion's August releases on Amazon yet (Crumb, Black Orpheus, Silent Classics, Louie Bluie)?

Im just curious where these came from.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2010 3:40:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2010 3:41:26 PM PDT
paper tiger says:
I think somewhere there has been a pretty true rumor of the release of these Criterion Collection films. Amazon doesn't have a release date for any of the films and the price makes me think that they are setting it high because they have no idea when they will be coming out and at what cost.

Amazon does this with many of their upcoming products. They want to be the first to post a product available for pre-order, yet they can't give us the correct price or release date because they don't know.

Out of all of these movies the only one I think is very worth a Blu-ray purchase is Antichrist. I watched it on Netflix HD and I was amazed. It is a beautifuly disturbing film. The Darjeeling Limited will be a Blu by for me when it goes down in price. I love the movie, yet it is not one of my favorites by Wes Anderson.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2010 3:55:22 PM PDT
S. H. Wells says:
A little digging on IMDb:

Well this came a bit early.

According to Blu-ray.com the Criterion Collection will be making quite the splash this fall. The team at Criterion have confirmed that they will be releasing Terrence Malick's The Thin Red Line, Lars von Trier's Antichrist, Wes Anderson's The Darjeeling Limited all in DVD and Blu-Ray. As well as Blu-Ray releases of David Cronenberg's Videodrome, Kurosawa's Seven Samurai, and Stanley Donen's Charade.

Read more on Antichrist, The Thin Red Line, The Darjeeling Limited and others confirmed for Criterion releases this fall... »

- Joshua Brunsting

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2010 4:16:33 PM PDT
paper tiger says:
Good to know. Thanx for digging that up.

I'll be keeping my eye on them when they release this fall.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  May 10, 2010
Latest post:  May 17, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions