Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

And now we know why Drew changed the Copyright notice for posters on Fark.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 31, 2007 12:11:44 PM PDT
pilto says:
1. Transfer owership of all user submitted content to Drew.
2. Write book using content.
3. Profit!

(the gnomes have nothing on me)

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2007 1:29:59 PM PDT
The copyright notice was like that for a long time. You only noticed when the big switcharoo happened.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2007 12:53:02 AM PDT
Drew is a leach.
He leaches from other web sites.
He leaches by stealing content from the users comments and puts it in this book. Where is their share of the pie?
He leaches from other websites by displaying their pictures in his user forums. He hosts no pictures. He is a moocher.
Don't even get me started about his shameless self promotion or approving links based on the most add revenue.

He doesn't add any value to the web other then letting users steal articles and renaming them with funny headlines.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2007 4:25:07 PM PDT
As someone quoted in the book, I can tell you quite simply that I don't feel leached or violated.

Thanks for thinking of me though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2007 1:36:18 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 29, 2013 6:34:28 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2007 8:08:05 PM PDT
Since I was quoted throughout? I was quoted once, on a topic I actually had knowledge. I shared that knowledge on a website, with no understanding that my quote would be used in a book. Explain to me how this is attention whoring paying off?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2008 5:47:31 AM PDT
RMC says:
I am posting here simply for the publicity and contextual feeling of overt gratification and love I will experience when someone flames me for being an attention whore by posting here. I will, conversely, feel obligated to return flame whoever first flames me, perhaps using homophobia and/or racism as a retort in my reply, even though neither extreme particularly moves me. I may also say, "Your mother." And I will enjoy it immensely.

I am a loyal Farker.

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2008 10:58:38 AM PDT
Hoot says:
You know who else accused people of leaching and attention whoring???
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  May 31, 2007
Latest post:  May 5, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about