How do you remove a cork that gets stuck in the channel?
Update- Thank you all so much for your responses! I was going to send this item back, so now I don't have to thanks to you all. With all the synthetic corks out there I'm sure that others will find this helpful too. CHEERS!
[UPDATED] asked by gamester on December 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
Use a thin object like a chopstick or a table knife to gently restrain the cork from turning but still allowing the auger to expel it.
zqxthree answered on December 26, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have found that most synthetic corks will not discharge from the Ozeri Prestige wine opener. The way I remove them is to insert a narrow knife or any other thin metal utensil into to opener just along the cork. Press the up button to start the eject process. Put light pressure on the side of the cork and it will quickly start to come out as the corkscrew turns to eject it.
primeshopper answered on December 26, 2012

A
Glad you got the answers you needed. I keep a pair of tweezers in the utensil drawer. This is beneficial in relieving a stuck cork.
Robyn Jackson answered on January 12, 2013

A
I'm not sure I know what you mean by "stuck in the channel" but if you mean inside the Ozeri...you just push the button at the top to unscrew the cork. If will then fall off. Hope this helps.
Amazon Customer answered on December 26, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've only used it a couple of times, but I think if you just hit the up arrow after the cork is removed, the cork should drop out. Hope this helps.
JOC answered on December 26, 2012

A
You need a small Philips screwdriver to remove all of the screws, and once you pull apart the body use the screwdriver to push down the cork while pressing the 'up' button that would ordinarily eject the cork. It's a pain in the neck to do, yet possible with patience.
Laura Mac answered on December 27, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You need a small Philips screwdriver to remove all of the screws, and once you pull apart the body use the screwdriver to push down the cork while pressing the 'up' button that would ordinarily eject the cork. It's a pain in the neck to do, yet possible with patience.

A

A
Insert metal pick or tiny screwdriver into cork and hold cork steady while pressing top toggle button.
Perrier answered on December 27, 2012
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Dec 28, 2012 7:12:13 AM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›