Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: EDO Tech® car charger DC power adapter for Acer ICONIA TAB A500 A501 A200 A100 Android Tablet PC
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 15, 2012
I ordered this excitedly because it wasn't too terribly expensive, and I was anticipating long rides in the car where I could actually read my tablet no matter what its power situation was.

The adapter pushes into the car easily, but spins around easily, too. The plug that went into the tablet isn't quite the same size as the Acer's plug for the battery charger. The hokey feel to it made me hesitant to throw any packaging out in case I needed to return it (for not working).

It took me a few days to get the hang of when my tablet would allow me to charge it, but finally I brought it out to my car, plugged it in, and lo and behold--it started to charge!

However, due to the fact that the plug is NOT quite the right size, you need to make sure that it sits JUST right for it to charge or it will stop. It works adequately enough for me that I'm not planning to return it. I will warn you that if you wanted something sturdier, this is not the thing you should purchase.
on November 12, 2011
I took a chance with ordering a side brand charger. But the product was exactly as described, arrived in great time and works perfectly. Would definately buy product from them again.
on February 3, 2012
Fits snuggly in car adapter. No problems so far. would recommend. Nicely constructed. Blue LED light indicates that the unit is plugged to power.
on June 12, 2012
I wasn't sure what I was getting into by buying this off-brand car adapter, but I needed one for my car trips and this was relatively inexpensive. I've been somewhat pleased with its performance, but there are some drawbacks.

PROS
-Does work (if the plug is in just right)
-Plastic is durable
-Cord is long enough for the back seat

CONS
-Doesn't work if you don't have the plug in at just the right angle and direction - no tugging from the side on this puppy
-The metal clips that hold the adapter into the charger are not tight enough, so they have a tendency to make the adapter twist around, sometimes loosing contact with the electrical connection
-Plug doesn't fit quite like the original - it doesn't go all the way in. There is about an 1/8 of an inch between where the tip goes in and the plugs black plastic. In accidentally tugging the cord too hard on one trip, I bent the plug adapter, so now it is even more difficult to keep it in the right position for charging.

Overall, it is a good buy, and it was delivered quickly from the Amazon MarketPlace Partner I bought it from. But it is not as sturdy as I would have wished for, but with some care and attention to plug placement, I believe it will provide me with some quality charging in my car.

I use it with both my Acer Iconia Tab A500 and my Acer Iconia Tab A100.
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2013
The tablet shows it is charging on the settings page and the battery icon but, the power button light tells the tale. When plugged in, this charger does not actually charge the tab. If you look at the tip of the charger, it has a couple dents or dimples. These are used by the tablets power port to move a switch inside the port to indicate the cord is plugged in, not the actual charge rate. BEWARE! The power button flashes a white led indicating the charger is defective. The power button turns a steady red LED to indicate an actual charge current is present with the right charger plugged into it. Do not be fooled by the battery indicator on the screen or in the settings. DO NOT BUY THIS FOR THE ACER A500!! You will be fooled!!
on November 25, 2012
Some reviews indicated the actual jack which plugged in to the tablet did not fit well. Nothing could be further from the truth. The fit for my Acer Iconia A100 is perfect. While some indicate it does not power on in some situations, I say the problem is not with the charger, but with the user not understanding when their car's outlet is charged...actually supplying power. Some cars' outlets only provide power when the ignition key is in AND turned to the on position. My car, fortunately, always supplies power to the outlet. I can use it when my car's engine is on or off. Basically, this car charger does what it promises to do.
on November 2, 2012
Strong body that shouldn't break easily, long enough cord to reach floor plugs or the back seat when plugged into the front. The plug the fits into the pad should have been at a 45 angle to avoid the fear of hitting it but it works and fits great.
on April 4, 2013
Bought this to use & charge my Acer Iconia 7" tablet in the car. The power tip on the device I got was a straight barrel, not a right-angle plug as the OEM AC adapter has. Also, the barrel tip is a few millimeters longer, causing the plug to stick out of the jack. The fit is so loose you have to constantly check and be conscious of whether it's connected. It tends to slip out just enough to lose the connection if you're holding the tablet while it's charging, and you find yourself either pushing it in or checking the on-screen charging icon just to be sure--a distraction.

I started using this doohickey in June 2012, and it stopped working in April 2013, less than a year of average use; not stellar, in my book. The relatively low price and the fact that it worked made it want to give it at least 3 stars, but the tip issue and the less than a year lifetime knocks a star off.
on July 27, 2013
The unit came on time for me to take my vacation from MA to MD. I left the unit in my Acer and charged it and got to use it at all the rest stops I went to. I recomend this unit to anyone who has an Acer Tablet and uses it on the go like I do. One of the reasons I took my Acer along with me was to plan an alternate route to MD avoiding NYC and the charger came in handy.
on December 26, 2012
Purchased this to go along with my Arkon tablet mount. It seems well made, has a nice long cord(about 5') and charges fine with my acer a500 tab.

I'd recommend this charger, and think it's worth the cost.

See 1 answered question