Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Why is this so much cheaper (under $3000) then other sites, like BH Photo, that sell it for $3500? Is this a gray market version of the camera?
asked by Ian B. on March 6, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
BH and Adorama are actually under $3000 too -- but they can't advertise it. You have to click "Add to Cart" to see the actual price they charge you (which sometimes is significantly less than the price shown next to the product).
M.att answered on March 7, 2013
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
One possible reason for the price difference could be that Amazon is starting to pay sales tax in some states. That would ultimately make their cameras (and other products) less competitive price wise. When I got mine , the sales tax made the camera (5d mark iii) just about the same price as BH Photo and Adorama. It is not a grey market version. I was able to register it for warranty support on the Canon USA site with no issues.
Fred Williams answered on March 11, 2013
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I asked the same question on another site - and they said there is a plastic model made and shipped from overseas - that's obviously the cheap one. But they don't make it easy to find out which is which!!
Kristi S. answered on September 18, 2013
Comment | 0 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product