Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Right now on Sony, you can get a 5N $250 cheaper than 5R? are these changes worth spending $250 more? I can't decide.
asked by Zahra Aminzare on October 31, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Danilo answered on October 31, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The clicking noise during video was corrected on later production 5N models and fixed for free by Sony on prior production units. I know it's hassle to have to send your camera off to Sony, but from what I've read it did get fixed. So if you are a 5N owner and have the clicking, get fixed (for free) before the holidays get here!
Scott answered on November 5, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you like working wireless-ly, then it is a great upgrade.
JerryMc answered on October 31, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The camera is my husband's & I asked him the same when he wanted to wait for the 5R. He is definitely of the opinion it's worth it. He finds the wifi features very useful, such as remote control use with your phone. Hasn't used the 5n so can't comment on whether menu option are improved. His only complaint so far is that video length is limited by camera overheating. Don't know if this was an issue with 5n. Hope this helps. -LL
Careful Customer answered on October 31, 2012

A
The wifi support is worth it. It's so much easier to upload photos now.
Tony Chow answered on October 31, 2012

A
I waited for the 5R because I wanted the additional control knob. Plus you have all the other featres mentioned below. Its all a matter of how you're going to use it.
Zoltran answered on October 31, 2012

A
I'm no expert so I hope somebody else can give you a more clear answer... but I can say that the annoying "clicking" sounds that occurred during the video playback on the 5N is gone with the 5R. There are a bunch of new features advertised... are they worth it? I honestly don't know, but I fell for the "hype" hoping it would make me some sort of fabulous photographer. Good luck!
Carrie answered on November 1, 2012

A
3D answered on January 2, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product