Would a child enjoy the Michael Jackson Experience?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 22, 2010 1:11:43 PM PST
Mike says:
What's the appropriate age range for someone to receive the MJ Experience?

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 8:58:33 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 23, 2010 8:59:03 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2010 9:06:33 PM PST
Of course they would !!--Michael Jackson was a performer to be enjoyed by any age person !!!

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 8:48:03 AM PST
WolfpackFan says:
The box says 10+.

Posted on Nov 28, 2010 2:28:55 PM PST
Cam's Mommy says:
My son is 6 and he loves this game. He has always liked Smooth Criminal, but I think he received his highest score on Bad!

Posted on Nov 28, 2010 11:35:05 PM PST
All 3 of my kids, 10, 9 and 7 started playing this game after we turned it on to just preview it first....my 7 year old son has been asking me every morning since we got it if he can play it...first thing in the morning! I think if your kids are familiar with MJs songs, mine have been exposed since I play my old BAD and Dangerous cds all the time as well as play videos on youtube while doing the dishes...they all love earth song and heal the world. I vote yes for kids to play it!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2010 10:50:13 AM PST
Mom to 4 says:
My kids are 10, 4, and 2 1/2. The two older ones enjoy it, each already has their favorite songs to dance to; the youngest does, too, but she dances in her own way. :)

Posted on Dec 10, 2010 1:51:31 PM PST
Michael enjoys children of all ages!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2010 12:50:09 AM PST
^5 That was EPIC. I think I love you. ;)

Posted on Dec 20, 2010 12:03:31 PM PST
My 5 yr old loves this game and asks to play it all the time. He thinks he is really cool when he does (or tries to do) that leaning move from Smooth Criminal. Very cute to watch your kiddies perform!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2010 8:01:56 PM PST
Honestly any age.. we had little kids (age 3+ ) to my mom who is 70 playing !! We all had a blast!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2011 3:12:35 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 19, 2011 3:15:16 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2011 3:13:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2011 3:16:26 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 3:14:34 PM PST
Legendary Bilbo, you FAIL at life.

Posted on Feb 6, 2011 8:38:53 PM PST
My 7 year old loves it. He even won some of the battles. He really loves Thriller. I think I got him beat now. I use the video as a weekly workout!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2011 5:11:28 PM PST
Savanna says:
that's a loaded question if i ever heard one....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2011 7:10:29 PM PST
Alec says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2011 9:51:41 PM PST
That was just tacky!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2011 7:48:40 AM PDT
DeskJockey says:
I was at our little cousin's birthday party this weekend- he just turned 4 - and this was the first time I saw this game. He loves playing this and threw a temper tantrum when it was time to turn off Smooth Criminal! (LOL... We'd heard the song 11 or 12 times in a row and had enough!)

The youngest at the party was about 2, and she ignored the controller and just danced on her own. She had a blast, and it was so cute that she didn't care about the points, she just wanted to dance like the avatars. In that sense, I'd say she was probably too young to get the "concept," but it did not hamper her fun in any way.

So, yes.....I'd say this game is a blast for all ages. I'm in my 30's & played until I couldn't breathe. The older adults also liked it (50"s and late 60's)

Buy it...don't hesitate. RIP MJ - You were, and still are, the greatest.

Posted on Apr 2, 2011 11:24:48 AM PDT
I don't mean this to be vulgar or offensive - my kids love MJ and they are 4 and 8 but as a parent I have to ask - is there any crotch grabbing with the MJ dancing? My kids are WAY too young to try and explain that one.

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 7:09:22 PM PDT
artfuldp says:
My 4 yr old grand-daughter loves Michael Jackson and was very excited to get the game. Kids learn quick and on day 1 she was able to understand play and how to "mirror" Michael's dancing. On day 2 she is already learning how to use the controller to choose her own songs and navigate the menus a bit. The dancing part is a blast for her but the moves are pretty difficult. The game could have been improved by offering easier levels of play, like for a 4 yr old (or maybe a 54 yr old :). I'd say if your child already loves Michael then they will love the game. If they're not yet fans of Michael then they may like it anyway for the dancing or music. Otherwise, if they don't know Michael or don't really enjoy dancing then it may be a challenge to play. But in the end it's also all about Michael's music and who wouldn't love that?

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 11:46:50 AM PDT
H. Wang says:
I don't recall any crotch grabbing. I do think it is a fun game for kids. You'll need a decent amount of energy to play this game. You'll really work up a sweat from all of MJ's crazy moves!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2011 3:28:57 PM PDT
Claudia says:
Yes, the box says 10+, but my 7-year-old grandsons had a BLAST & had no problem learning the steps. See my video review!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2011 3:30:14 PM PDT
Claudia says:
Just one thing: He does a lot of the croch-grabbing steps. My 10-year-old granddaughter won't dance to any song she claims is "inappropriate," but to each his own--grandsons have no problems, LOL!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2011 3:31:30 PM PDT
Claudia says:
Boy, you certainly didn't pay attention, LOL! There are at least 5 songs where he "makes a grab!" Better review again before you respond to any more Jackson Wii game questions!!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Nov 22, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 26, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about