Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
does chromebook play amazon instant videos
asked by Amazon Customer on February 21, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 21 answers
A
Just to help out anyone else who is facing this issue. I finally learned how to get this to work. I went to my settings on amazon and selected the "Silverlight" flash player. Then I installed the "One Click Extension Manager" on Chrome, which is not required but it just makes it easier to determine which one or more extensions are interfering with your being able to play amazon video. Just turn off one extension at a time and re-try playing a movie trailer on amazon until you determine which one it is. The extension that was creating the problem for me was "ScriptSafe".
Jackson answered on September 22, 2014
Comments (4) | 10 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just tried it and they worked on my Acer C720 chromebook. It does not do HD playback though, I guessed that was screen resolution (?)
Perry answered on March 8, 2014
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've just tried this myself and no, Prime Instant videos does not work on my Toshiba Chromebook. There only seems to be a very limited selection of devices that are compatible with Prime Instant videos. Shame.
adrian carter answered on March 1, 2014
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No it does not. I have 3 Chromebook devices and currently the version of Flash is not compatible with the Prime streaming player. Something to do with DRM at the moment.
Michael Dennis answered on May 2, 2013
Comment | 7 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It was working without any issue, but since Samsung did an update, Shockwave now crashes. Works fine with Netflix and other online video.
Tim Calderwood answered on June 25, 2013
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Does not work on my brand new Acer C720 chromebook.
Calvin answered on April 5, 2014
Comment | 3 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well, it works on my Samsung Chromebook but it pixelates a lot in full screen. I believe because it uses a Flash player now controlled by Google called Pepper that their is no HD. Adobe stopped supporting Flash on anything but Windows and Apple's OS X operating systems. So PC and Mac's have the current versions. Google took over support for Flash because it embeds it in Chrome. I find it hit or miss on quality. If you use Linux you also have limited Flash options other than running Chrome or Firefox which does not use a current Flash player. I know, its very confusing and we can hope that Amazon moves to a HTML5 stream soon which will make the Flash problems go away. Netflix does use HTML5 with Chromebooks as a example of really good video playback when it works correctly. Personally, I find my Samsung a bit under powered for video and tend to use a older Core i3 laptop PC for Flash video.
John E. Scott answered on June 8, 2014
Comments (3) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
To the best of my knowledge, Amazon Prime in the UK does not support chromebook as they use "silverlight" to stream and do not have the option to change to Flash
Rossweb answered on October 4, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
then good bye amazon video, hello netflix! why a ms pos like "silverlight?"
Mirado Woodtone II answered on April 17, 2015
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i have a chromebook and have had no problems watching instant videos until this morning. Was literally in the middle of streaming and began getting the error message about flash player.
Isaiah Roberts answered on May 27, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product