4.0 out of 5 stars This book makes learning Spanish muy interesante, February 25, 2013
Maureen Bolton (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La ciudad de los dioses(Libro + CD) (Leer En Espanol Level 2) (Leer en Espanol: Nivel 2) (Spanish Edition) (Paperback)
Learning Spanish as an adult is difficult and can be tedious, especially when most teaching and learning materials are designed for grammar school kids. As opposed to "Dick and Jane" antics, these books are historical novels depicting the ancient history of spanish speaking civilizations -this adds a crucial element of sophistication to the learning process and makes me much more eager to read them. The exercises for each "Capitulo" are challenging and a true test of comprehension. I plan to order more in the series once I'm finished wiht La ciudad de los dioses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new activities, January 4, 2013
Super excited about this book. Have used it for 20 years. Mine was so worn I thought I would check if Amazon had it and they did. New book has updated illustrations, and lots of new activities. Also think the CD will be a great asset!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginner/intermediate Spanish speakers, December 21, 2012
I wanted to brush up on my Spanish and this book was great to get back in the game. Interesting material, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend!, June 16, 2014
This series is perfect for the intermediate-advanced reader. As beginners, we started with the Pobre Ana books by Blaine Ray. After reading those 11 books, these are a great next step. They are a little "dark" depending upon the ages of your kids, but are fine for adults. After the Blaine Ray books, my kids read through La Casa del Arbol (Magic Treehouse) series…. it is hard to find great books for learning Spanish but these are pretty good. The Leer y Aprender books are okay, but have quite a lot of older Spanish or more Spain-Spanish, which for us was not good since we are in South America. The Leer En Español books are great and reasonably interesting and well written for adults. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Practice!, May 31, 2014
I have all of the level 1 books in this series. I've just started listening/reading level 2. Fun stories and very helpful.

$13.99 $11.82
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies