Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 15, 2012
I have wanted a Clarisonic Mia ever since I first heard of it. I have had acne since I was a teenager and it did not clear up now that I am adult so I am always on the lookout for products that could potentially make a difference for my skin. I was hesitant to purchase the Mia in the beginning simply because of the price. This is not a cheap purchase and I wasn't convinced that the Mia was different enough from the Oil of Olay Pro X brush (which retails for more then $100 less) to justify that huge price gap between the two. I diligently researched the two products but wasn't even able to find a review online that made the Mia the clear choice. In the end I purchased the Oil of Olay brush.

I was quite happy with the Oil of Olay brush. After a few days I noticed that my skin was much smoother and I had a bit less acne. I also liked that it was battery powered and that I didn't have to fuss with a cord and plug. I found the small brush head comfortable to use and was able to easily clean the area on the side of my nose which is prone to breakouts. I was pretty happy with this product until recently when I saw an ad for the Mia in a recent issue of Lucky magazine. The thing that caught my eye was the fact that the Mia now came with a new brush specifically designed to combat acne. I was intrigued and once again tried to research the differences between the 2 brushes. As I still could not find a compelling comparative review of the 2 brushes I elected to purchase the new Mia after I saw the price drop on Amazon. Also since the produce comes with a return guarantee from the manufacturer I figured that I had nothing to lose.

After using the Mia, I can say that it is quite different from the Oil of Olay brush. The brush head is much bigger and the sensation of using the brush is quite different then the Oil of Olay brush. With the Mia I also noticed that after a few days of use that my acne got a little better. However with the Mia my skin kept getting better and better until I was just left with a acne on my nose and chin. Although the Oil of Olay brush made a difference also, the improvement in my skin eventually plateaued. I must admit that I was quite surprised at how effective the Mia was. Although I had hoped it would produce good results I was a bit surprised when it actually happened. To me, the two products are similar to comparing a spin tooth brush with a sonic toothbrush. Although, the spin toothbrush it an improvement over a regular toothbrush it never comes close to the level of clean that is produced with the sonic brush.

There is a lot of variation among the the reviews of the Mia on Amazon. For anyone who is thinking of purchasing either brush I recommend basing your decision on what type of skin you have. Since I have always had a lot of acne the Mia made a significant difference for me, likely because my skin is producing too much oil and my pores are getting clogged. If you only have a tiny bit of acne or generally have good skin then stick with the oil of olay brush as you might not see enough of a difference to make the extra investment of purchasing the Mia worthwhile.

On a final note, the acne cleanser that comes with the Mia is just fine. However, the active ingredients are the same as any other acne cleanser so I am not convinced that buying additional bottles at $40 each when one runs out is a good use of money.
22 comments|314 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2014
Don't under any circumstances purchase this product. Like many others have reported, mine wouldn't hold a charge after a few months of use. That would be bad enough, but the customer service at Clarisonic is some of the worst I've ever experienced. They only take calls from 9-5 EST during weekdays, and their wait times are ridiculous. I tried calling multiple times but had to give up after being on hold for 20mins+. I finally got through today and even though this is a known issue, Clarisonic is refusing to honor the warranty since I purchased through Amazon and not an "authorized dealer." Avoid like the plague.
33 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2012
AMAZING. I can't believe I waited so long to purchase this! It was definitely worth the investment.

As of this review, I've been using the Mia 2 (Acne Clarifying) for 3 weeks. In terms of my facial skin, I do have combination skin (mostly an oily T-zone, with my cheeks and eyes having dry skin) with a history of mild eczema. Currently, I have been using Clinique Acne Solution and their Moisture Surge. With this purchase, I have been using the Clarisonic cleanser it came with and Philosophy's Clear Days Ahead.

From the first use, my face felt incredibly soft. A week into using it, I noticed at how my facial cleansers were being better absorbed and that I didn't have to use as much as I have been before. As a result of that, my face hasn't become too dry after washing and I don't have to put as much moisturizer (Clinique's Moisture Surge) afterwards.

My pores have become less visible and my blemishes have gone down a bit. Because of that, my make up has also gone on more smoothly on my face.
Again, it has only been 3 weeks, so I will update this review in about a month or two - when results will be more visible.
66 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2014
Check your machine, we got one and there's no serial # on it. I was mad as it's a Prime product which Amazon should ensure its genuine. I returned it and am waiting for the "genuine" replacement. Man, that was a surprise birthday gift for my wife, now I guess she has to be surprised again.
on July 19, 2014
Background: In mid 20's. Never had acne uptil now. Started to develop isolated painful cystic acne.

Purchased in March 2014 because alot of other OTC/Rx treatments weren't really doing much for me. Note I did not purchase through Amazon because of Clarisonic not honoring their warranty due to them not being an authorized reseller.

I expected the "purge" phase of using this brush and that's exactly what I got, in April 2014. (As seen in video)

You'll see the gradual clearing of my skin, including some amount of noticeable fading of old scars. I've used it for approximately 4 months and have great results using the acne brush head, cetaphil wash and the included clarisonic wash. I've recently started using a 20% Salicyclic Wash (purchased through amazon), every week and I think it's helping very much as well.

Note: Clarisonic wants you to replace the brush head every 3 months or so, but mine is still in great condition and think it'll last another 4 months or so. Keeping it clean and dry after using is key. Do dip it in some liquid bleach every couple weeks to kill of any bacteria.

Did not think think this was going to help me when I purchased but did so anyways because we spend considerable amount on trying to get rid of the stuff on monthly treatments. If you can live with taking a chance and potentially losing the price of this product, then I would advice you to buy it (this is if you're still 50/50).

Also, i've noticed some people encountering battery issues. Mine does not experience this and lasts at least 3 weeks using it 4 minutes per day on the full speed setting. This has not changed, and I don't believe there is any memory effect on the batteries.
on May 23, 2014
i was excited to buy this product, so last Monday i bought the one part of the acne clarifying system. I diligently charged it for 24 hours and it didn't work. So the night after returned it to ulta and exchanged it with another one. again, i charged it for 24 hrs. it seemed to work but i didn t use it because it was late. the day after it wasnt working anymore. So i tried to charge it again for 20 + hrs. fast forward to friday,this thing won't charge. I bought two lemons (and i assume Ulta won't sell you fake stuff). my question is, how reliable can a 200 dollar gadget be if i can't even get it to work? it says that their manufacturing is negligent and flawed! if i could give them MINUS 5 stArs i would. they should check their gadgets before they put them out in the market and waste people's time and money!!! i bet the fake ones work better at least they must put some thought into their manufacturing.
on January 8, 2013
I love my clarisonic device! I am a person who struggled with acne all my life and not even perscriptions meds never worked. When i bought the clarisonic my face was horrible and i was so depressed about being 28 with the worse skin ever. I saw the clarisonic in a magazine article and thought it was a little pricey, but i was sovtorn i thought it couldnt make it any worse. The first time i used it, i felt my skin immediately get better. Within 10 days all but 1 or 2 little spots were left and now 12days later they are starting to clear up to! This clarisonic is not only great for your face, but also for your confidence and personality which i forgot how good they felt. Please try this product if you have struggles with acne. Its nice to look in the mirror with confidence!!!!!!
on September 15, 2014
I had heard mixed reviews about the efficacy of this product- my dermatologist wouldn't recommend it or tell me not to use it because he had no personal experience with it. I have been suffering from hormonal acne since I was 13- am now 45- bleh! I take an oral medication as well as retin-A to control it, but still get occasional breakouts. I absolutey love this product! I started out using it twice a day and that was too drying for me. Once a day is perfect. I have found no interaction with the Retin-A either. My skin is brighter and smoother- results almost immediately. The only thing I'll say is I think the "Mia 2 for acne" was not necessary- I think the only difference from the base model is that it comes with an acne wash- it worked fine but when it ran out I used neutrogena acne wash and that works fine too. Breakouts have diminished- great product
on March 10, 2015
UPDATE: Mine stopped working and holding a charge after 1 month. Not worth $180 if it doesn't work! Lil downgrading my review to one star for this reason!

ORIGINAL REVIEW;
I have only been using the Clarisonic for about a week and can already tell the difference. My skin is softer, smoother, and most importantly - I can see visible reduction of stubborn blackheads and a few spots of cystic acne. I think with continued use and following up with the proper skin care products will all but eliminate the trouble areas that bothered me before. This comes with a large size acne cleanser, which will last a long time since a little seems to go a long way. I also like the magnetized charger that allows you to charge through the case - it just looks more organized and clean when charging on my bathroom counter. I will update review if, after continued use, I find that the product is no longer meeting my expectations or needs. However in the meantime, I am thrilled and kicking myself that I didn't order this sooner.
on May 5, 2013
I purchased one of these a while back and I have been informed that most if not all Clarisonic's on Amazon are fakes. Clarisonic will not validate the serials of these units as real.. do a quick Google search. This was news to me.

[...]