cleaning the keurig reusable filter Has anyone held the filter to the light and not be able to see thru the filter? I did this after a year of making pretty good coffee but sometimes weak and sometimes getting an unpredictable cup of coffee. Well cleaning this filter is not for the faint of heart. I tried vinegar, old tooth brush, eferdent (yeah, the stuff for your dentures), and continuous soaking in water. Any better ideas out there.....dan j
asked by D. Jacavanco on May 5, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
I found that letting it soak overnight in vinegar and using an air compressor to blow out the mesh after it has soaked cleans it fairly well you just have to be sure not to destroy the mesh as the air compressor packs a punch, i usually stuff it first with a sponge i have to brace it and blast the coffee film off. might also want to try a degreaser like lime away just be sure to clean it very well, also dishwasher solution works well. best bet is to run a clean cycle after each brewing to maintain a clean filter.
V. Cortes answered on October 10, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
After reading all the suggestions I decided to use a mixture I saw on a cleaning blog for clothes. I mixed a little Dawn liquid dish soap,cascade power for automatic dishwasher and a little hydrogen peroxide and a bit of hot water. I let it soak for 3 or so hours. The water turned brown and filter came out like new(white) . I rinsed it well the tried it. The coffee maker worked great, like it had a new filter.
Mischief answered on October 22, 2012
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have found the answer for this. I have tried for a year and here is best: SoftScrub Gel with bleach. It only takes a minute of soaking and then lightly brush with an old toothbrush and it will be good as new. AMAZING how well this works.
Myclosing, Llc answered on November 23, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I found that buying a new one works the best.
Johnson answered on January 19, 2014
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just boiled mine for an hour, and gently scrubbed it with a toothbrush. Worked like a charm :-)
Adina F. answered on May 4, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
OxyClean & hot water. Works for a regular coffee filter, as wee.
John S. answered on May 11, 2013

A
See my comment below. Sorry, I don't see it. Soak the filter in Soft Scrub and use a toothbrush to clean it. It took several treatments but now it is like new.
H. Franz answered on September 9, 2013

A
Poor boiling vinegar into a cup until it covers the filter then add bleach. Do it in a well ventilated area then wash with dish soap. Boil again to make sure bleach is gone. Wash it again.
Paul C. answered on October 24, 2014

A
WHAT IS BEST TO CLEAN A KEURIG
Alexander N. answered on June 26, 2013
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product