Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

To close minded one star sound perfectionists

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 9, 2006 10:29:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 9, 2006 5:10:38 PM PDT
After reading the one star slams of "Rewhipped", I wondered if the reviewers bothered to even listen to the CD more than once (or even once). Gentlemen, you act as if the very presence of a "Rewhipped" somehow negates the original. If you like "Whipped Cream" it's right there for you to listen to. Not everything on "Rewhipped" is five star - "Love Potion #9" sounds like it could've been lifted from one of Carlos Santana's recent efforts, but this is far from a one star effort. "Whipped Cream" and "Lollipops and Roses" are exceptional remixes. I would invite skeptics (those with an open mind) to program the tracks of "Whipped Cream" and "Rewhipped" A/B and just hear how well they compliment each other...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2007 12:38:53 AM PST
I am not close minded. I just don't like crap-- and this crummy album is as bad as it gets. Thankfully the original will be remembered long after this rework stuff is forgotten.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2007 8:25:07 AM PDT
David Kenner says:
The one star reviews posted here all sound like the people who still go around saying "rap is crap without the 'c'"! I'm 41 and I can remember when I was in my early 30s and thought that most new music (especially rap, dance and hip hop) was crap. I don't what made me so old before my time but I'm glad I broke out of that stagnant state of mind. A lot of hip hop and dance music I here today does not appeal to me, but this is the kind of album that reminds me that there is a lot of good stuff out there too.
Some of the words that have been used to describe this album (like "awful" and "stink") do not apply.
As others have pointed out, no one replaced your precious WHIPPED CREAM album. And no one claimed that the new version was an "improvement" over the original. It's just taking the songs and putting them in a new light. The remixers who worked on RE-WHIPPED probably love the original as much as any reviewer here. Why else would they get involved?
As for the guy who says that the fun is missing from these songs, I found the new versions of "Whipped Cream" and "Lollipops And Roses" to be tons of fun! The Ozomatli tracks are infectious!
And I honestly can't see how anyone could listen to this haunting version of "Lemon Tree" and not feel the tranquility washing over your entire being.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2008 3:58:40 PM PST
I do not like crap either and this is the crappiest I have ever heard, I a comparison is needed have a listen to The Alan Parsons Project remix of Tales of Mystery and Imagination.
An already brilliant album remixed into a masterpiece.. As a trainee audio engineer in the 70's
I used to fiddle around with albums like Whipped Cream and at the time I thought it was cool
but it was as crappy then as this one is now. Here Here Annie I am with you. Haydn Cordell

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2008 7:08:11 PM PDT
OH MY GOD. I have heard a lot, but these people are the whiniest cry-baby pansy tone-deaf lot of people I have ever seen. I picture a bunch of geriatric wheelchair rockers white-knuckling their copy of "Whipped Cream..." to their chest and screaming, "DON'T TAKE IT FROM MEEEEEeeeee........"

For crying out loud. This IS good music. It is not the same album. It is a different album. That is what remixes are... they are.... DIFFERENT. Like Supersexy Swingin Sounds of the 70's is a remix of Astro Creep 2000 for anyone who listens to White Zombie (of which I also prefer the remixed version). I for one have never heard the original, maybe that's why my mind isn't tainted. I do however have The Lonely Bull, and I am familiar with the work of Thievery Corp. and of course the Dust Brothers. This is a lovely blend of the two styles. Forget this. I'll save the rest for the official review.

I can't believe the nerve of these people to give it ONE star. ONE STAR!!! That's reserved for Paris Hilton albums, or or you know, stuff that REALLY sucks. You remind me of the people that rate things one star because Amazon messed up your shipping. Or because you had a friend once who was at this concert and the artist didn't sign his autograph. You really need to reevaluate how the ratings system on Amazon works.

If I had a copy of this, and a copy of Young Jeezy... nevermind. This is probably a lost cause. I tried.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Apr 9, 2006
Latest post:  Mar 19, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Whipped Cream & Other Delights Rewhipped
Whipped Cream & Other Delights Rewhipped by Herb Alpert (Audio CD - 2006)
3.0 out of 5 stars (82)