I am a college student and have always wanted a Mac, but it is really expensive. Am I just wasting my money?
asked by Brin Farley on July 12, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
votes
No you are not wasting your money. Until 2012 I was always a PC man until purchased an I-phone. Then my daughter gave me an I-pad for Christmas. I was impressed so much by the quality and functionality of them both, so much, I purchased an I-mac pro desk top and then a MacBook Pro laptop. I will never go back to a PC again.
Joseph A. Sabatini answered on July 13, 2013

A
votes
They are expensive, but worth it. All the pc laptops I've had have failed on me. Apples last longer and you rarely have problems with them. But I'd research all you can on them to come to a decision.
Mariya M Davis answered on July 12, 2013

A
votes
What do you need the mac for? Professional videography or photography? If you have the money to spare and get an awesome laptop then yes get it.
If you just want to browse and check emails and need to save money then no, get a cheaper pc.
I love my mac very much. no problems like the windows pc. My windows pc always has popups about how my program stopped responding/working.
The mac is a much easier-to-use system.
steve anderson answered on July 14, 2013

A
votes
Truth be told, a Mac is more of a luxury compared to other PCs out there. I would not say it is a waste of money. If you do end up buying it you will not regret it. But since I am sure you are a broke college student (like me) it is going to put a dent in your wallet.
vano answered on July 12, 2013

A
votes
I agree with Steve Anderson.I loved my first mac. I loved my second even better but it failed far sooner than it should have. I am going for my third now. I am an old guy who supposed to know nothing about computers. I prefer Macs simply because they never crashed every 2 or 3 months like my old Win 98 did and I have fond memories of that computer too.With a mac I don't have to worry AS MUCH about viruses but I still don't click on suspicious links. However... my last experience with Mac's have soured me on them just a little. If I buy through Amazon this time I'll purchase their 4 year Square Trade warranty. It's cheaper than Apple's and lasts a full year longer.
thundercloud answered on October 8, 2013

A
votes
I got Mac's for both of my kids for college. They love them.
Steve Barber answered on July 14, 2013

A
votes
Add the MacBook in your scale of preferences and then you could get it and I guarantee you that Mac is one of the best products out there and you have no time buying antivirus no more
Ikenna Delvin Nwankwo answered on July 13, 2013

A
votes
If you are worried about not having Microsoft office on mac you can also buy the mac version of MS Office, or try other alternatives such as Open Office and Google Drive, both of which are free. With Mac you will rarely have to worry about getting nasty computer viruses which can have dangerous viruses which are common on Windows. I would recommend a Mac to anyone.
Luis B. Mora answered on January 15, 2014

A
vote
You get what you pay for. I'm still using my Powerbook to run my business software (11 years old), my wife is still using her macbook pro (6 years old), still using my macbook pro (3 years old). Macs last a very long time, and they're easy to work on. You'll never go back to PC after using a Mac. They just work.
rob eaton answered on May 21, 2014

A
votes
I had 3 pc's crash in 2 years so I got a mac (and will never go back) and have had no issues in 3+ years
Flyboy answered on June 15, 2014
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›