What college for transhuman study, and senior project advice

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 29, 2008 1:16:52 AM PDT
Owen Sanders says:
I'm going into my senior year of high school and am thinking about colleges. At the moment, I really want to study something to do with transhumanism/the singularity and these areas in general. Do you guys have any suggestions about schools I should look at?

My stats are: ~3.7 GPA, on the SAT 720 Writing, 610 Math, 800 Critical Reading. Currently I'm most interested in Vassar and Brown. Oh, and for SAT Subject Tests I got 710 in Literature and 770 in Spanish.

Also, in my school much of our senior year is taken up by a senior project which can basically be anything we want it to be, and I want to do it on transhumanism/future technologies/the singularity as well. The only requirement is that there be a project of some kind and a 15-20 page paper accompanying it (I think the project could just be a longer research paper though). I'd say my primary goal is to start learning what I need to learn in order to help bring about the singularity/transhumanist goals. Do you guys have any thoughts or suggestions about that?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2011 8:55:55 PM PDT
Byron Mullet says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 3:56:48 PM PDT
Brandon King says:
I would suggest any college that has courses that relate to your Transhumanist interests, such as im intending to transfer to UCLA because i am a Biotech major, and i want to specialize in Synthetic Biology and UCLA has a lot of great biology courses including a theoretical course in BioCybernetics.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xaaa7cbe8)

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jun 29, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology
The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology by Ray Kurzweil (Paperback - September 26, 2006)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (265)