Customer Discussions > XenoBlade Chronicles [RP] forum

How come this game is already "sold out"??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 29, 2012 4:08:06 PM PDT
Gregory says:
Please somebody enlighten me, I came here today to buy this game and my surprise: there's no "New" listings but just a bunch of people reselling it over 70$... what the hell?? what is happening here? Did this game got a few copies printed only? or amazon couldn't get brand new copies to sell? or all of the brand new games are already sold out??? Wow...

I don't live in USA so I can't buy it on Gamestop/etc, my only alternative is Amazon... =(

Will amazon get more brand new Xenoblade at regular price?

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 8:07:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 30, 2012 9:18:32 AM PDT
Scottypiper says:
Gamestop has exclusive rights to sell the game for the North American release. Lots of rumors of what actually happened. I bought my copy at Gamestop and the store manager told me that Gamestop agreed to purchase all the copies of the game essentially financing the NA localization of the game. What ever happened, I'm just glad the game was brought to North America and the Last Story to follow in June. You do have the option of buying directly from Nintendo but I don't know if they ship overseas or if you have to worry about Region coding. The NA release is NTSC region coding so you will need a Wii to match that.

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 8:45:23 AM PDT
Gregory says:
Wow I didn't know that! Thank you so much for your response...

Posted on May 16, 2012 3:32:38 AM PDT
WolfPup says:
Yeah, Gamestop a lot of times is the only store willing to stock what's perceived as lower selling games. Nevermind that it SHOULD be selling well and selling everywhere, given Xenoblade is easily one of the top 6-12 games on the system (and I think that even though I may be stuck in it lol)

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 11:34:44 AM PST
Kamiyama says:
Alright so Gamestop has exclusive rights to sell it. That doesn't help me because Gamestop is also sold out.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/xenoblade-chronicles-gamestop-exclusive/98535

Will there be a re-release? I want to buy this game, but I'm not paying more than $60 for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 5:27:25 AM PST
Scottypiper says:
The only re-release you might see is to download this on the Wii U from the eShop but nothing for the Wii has been announced yet. I keep getting e-mails from GameStop telling me they want my used copy of Xenoblade and they will pay me $45 for it (only $5 less than I paid). GameStop is sold out of new copies and if you can find one that has a used copy, currently they are charging $60 for it. Ask your local GameStop to look it up and see if there is one available close by. I did locate one in Aurora Colorado but that is the closest one to me and it is not even in my state. The current lowest price for used on Amazon is $105 and new for around $180. I just checked the auction site as well and it is going for over $100 for used. Your only shot to get this for $60 or less is to find it used from GameStop.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 3:46:01 PM PST
Kamiyama says:
How frustrating.

I saw gamestop.com got a used copy in today, so I ordered it. It came to $68 and some change including shipping and tax. That's the most money I've ever paid for a used game in my life.

It better be in good condition. The last time I ordered a used game I got a disc that looked like it was taken to a grinder before they packed it up and shipped it. The seller that I bought it from listed it in "good" condition.

If I don't like what I see, I guess I could just list it here for $100 and screw someone else over... Geez why couldn't Nintendo just print more copies?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2013 6:22:48 AM PST
Scottypiper says:
Glad you found one. I am hoping you get a good copy from them as well. I've ordered a lot of games from GameStop.com and while I have only had quality issues on 1 or 2 games out 100, getting the case with artwork and the game manual is another story. They don't require that for someone to trade the game in so you could get the disc only in a generic case or sleeve. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Nintendo didn't originally plan on releasing the game in the U.S. market so they didn't know what the game sales would look like. The first week this game was released in Japan (June 10th, 2010), it sold 83,000 copies and doubled by the end of 2010 (best selling Wii game that year in Japan). GameStop agreed to buy all of the copies Nintendo produced (except what Nintendo wanted to keep to sell). I don't know what Nintendo's basis was for how many they produced, but I'm guessing it was based on how many GameStop wanted to purchase. At least this wasn't the case with the Last Story. Xseed stated that has been their most successful title to date and the game is still available (oddly it's cheaper for New than used right now on Amazon).. Pandora's tower will be out in March, also by Xseed, so hopefully it will do well and hopefully this has taught Nintendo not to hold back future JRPG titles in the U.S. market.

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 6:35:18 AM PST
WolfPup says:
Whoa, Last Story is Xseed's best selling game? That's amazing...a Wii game, and a late Wii game at that...shows (to my great happiness) that Sakaguchi has a market!

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 3:44:46 PM PST
Cool Spot says:
Yes, Last Story was also great!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2013 11:49:18 PM PST
Robert Berry says:
This post of yours is a bit old, and you may already know by now, but Gamestop is selling "used" copies for $69.99. I say "used" because mine came with everything, including a working Club Nintendo code. I think Gamestop purchased some of the games themselves to sell as collector's editions of sorts. Either way I got mine and I am happy.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Apr 29, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
XenoBlade Chronicles [RP]
XenoBlade Chronicles [RP] by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (99)