why does my ge 500 keep coming up full? it will only take 4 photos ..I am probably crazy but do I have to have a memory card. I am a teen beginner
asked by mary h. campbell on April 21, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Do you have fresh batteries installed? I had the same problem using Dollar Tree batteries. I would advise you to print out the user's manual ( that comes with the Arc software disc) for reference, get a binder and separate the categories with labels for reference. Also, it is much easier to use, save and print photos when you use a memory card. With a memory card you can insert it into most computers or printers without connecting the camera. When full, you can save your photos without deleting them to make room and they are better for taking videos. Hope this helps. Joan Phelps
Joan Phelps answered on April 23, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes you have to use a memory card. The camera only has space for about 3 or 4 pictures.
M. Falk answered on April 21, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, I had the same thing to happened but once I got a memory card for it's working great.
Amazon Customer answered on April 21, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The in-camera memory is good for only 3 pictures (I only get three) - after that you have to copy to card.
A friend of mine said that reason it doesn't automatically copy to the card is his card was already formatted.
Maybe - just maybe if you used the camera to format the card (saving your card to your computer first) the card would automatically cross-save your photos as you shot more pictures.
I'm going to try that and will reprot back later - camera in my daughters hands for the next couple of weeks.
Ralph E. Kelley answered on October 18, 2013

A
Not only is a memory card necessary, but also check for the quality setting you have for your photos. More detailed equals larger file and the fewer photos you can take because it takes up more space on your memory card. 640x480 is pretty standard for casual shots; a little larger for special shots. Also, use a larger capacity memory card; 2gb won't take nearly as many as 8gb or 16gb etc.
Thingy answered on October 28, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›