Can anyone comment on the 120 Hz refresh rate? How does live action and live sports perform on this Viera?
asked by D. E. Soliday on November 7, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
It's not really 120Hz, panasonic has "360 Backlight Scanning" that helps with dynamic scenes.
ovr answered on November 7, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Looks great. Soap Opera effect is noticeable only when watching movies usually, but this can be turned off easily in settings.
Otherwise live tv is smooth and looks great!
I love this TV.
James Boxer answered on November 7, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi D.E. Soliday.

In regards to your question about live action sports/live action... from what I experienced with the TV is that the TV handles it quite well. Don't get me wrong, it won't look like you're right on the field as some TVs make it seem (not saying this about the quality) the motion interpolation lacks on sports quite a bit.. not too much. Keep in mind this is a budget TV so you should not expect it to look like the ones that are priced on the higher end. But overall, it makes watching sports very fun especially with the 3D turned on. I hope I answered your question.
Pablo Ortega answered on November 7, 2012

A
I watch all major sports and I don't have an issue with the refresh rate at all, there aren't any blurs during the games, but sometimes it happens when you watch movies on movie channels
Conan_Obecker answered on November 7, 2012

A
Fast moving video, like sports or racing, is handled very well. I noticed no motion blur when I was watching college football because it uses backlight scanning which triples the refresh rate to 360hz to compensate for fast moving objects. I hope this helps.
Paul Pascual answered on November 12, 2012

A
Unless your a real techie, the 120hz refresh is fine. I rate it a 9 out of 10! True the 240is definately an improovement but stil to pricey for me. The 120hz referh pic is great! Ocasionally you can see it too slow and wish you had the 240hz. However not enough to justify the cost.
John Doe answered on February 10, 2013

A
I use this Viera to review game video for rugby in HD as well as International and pro matches. It has performed extremely well and I would recommend it highly. When visitors are watching sports on this TV they always comment about the picture quality and ask what brand it is.
chapin answered on November 7, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use the Viera to review rugby match video in HD as well as international and pro matches. It has performed extremely well, I would recommend it highly. Visitors always comment about the picture quality and ask about the brand.
chapin answered on November 7, 2012

A
Friend the frequency of the images is super fast super fluid I'm impressed when I see football games and action movies when I live is like you're there and let me correct you is 360Hz not 120Hz thing is that by panasonic through a new technology makes three panels forming synchronize 120Hz 360Hz in full. I just I have a month with this 55-inch TV is perfect and I have no complaints the contrast is good internet applications Llas everything is great you can play well on this TV and control it easily with my SGS3 beyond belief
Jose answered on November 7, 2012

A
This TV is great - no problems. I watch a lot of football on it and it is perfect.
AKA Radar answered on November 7, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product