One of the comments says this is a fake (knock off ) Does anyone have any thoughts ?
asked by Laura Charlton on November 9, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
Looked legit. My only complaint was they mailed with a heavy item and the box was crushed. I was giving it as part of a gift so I wasn't happy with the crushed box. It looked good though.
rpen13 answered on November 9, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree with Ichbinepete - looks, feels, sounds like a Sophie...must be one! By far our son's favorite thing to chew and play with.
TrueHero answered on November 9, 2012

A
Mine is real. I guess the real Sophie has a number on one of her legs? Anyway, my packaging was the same as at Babies-R-Us, and she has the number. She is also our son's favorite teether and soother.
lizmari answered on November 9, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Looked real to me. It feels, looks and squeaks like th real Sophie. The box and packaging that came with it looked very real as well. Also I looked the item all over, I saw no "made in China" stamp anywhere on it. I was worried as well that it may have been a knock off.
C. Johnson answered on November 9, 2012

A
I agree with the previous posters. It looks, feels, and squeaks like it should. Seems like the real deal to me. My son loves it! He's teething right now and this is one of the few "teething toys" that he actually uses.
amad1979 answered on November 9, 2012

A
I usually buy Sophie from a small toy store in town. But one time I needed a shower gift & they were out of stock, so I ordered from Amazon. It looked & felt like the real thing.
Book Worm 11 answered on February 3, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Not a fake at all it comes in the original packaging and even if it was a fake my 5 month old loves hers! She won't take other teething toys but loves Sophie.
ElleG answered on November 9, 2012

A
Amazon has fakes! I bought one at a big name store after buying one on amazon. After my amazon purchase, i was worried that i bought a fake one so i ordered one from land of nod to compare the two. On comparison there are huge differences in the giraffes. The real one has imprinted serial number while the serial number on fake one is raised. Also, real one has slightly bigger body, rougher feel to the rubber and the spots are more brown than the orange-brown of the fake one. You cannot go by squeaking determine authenticity because both the real and the fake one squeak alike and both boxes are the same too.
jackie answered on February 21, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Ours looked, felt and squeaks like a real Sophie. Made sure we cleaned it well and our lil one loves it
ichbinpete answered on November 9, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The one I received was exactly like the one my granddaughter received as a shower gift! No fake there!!
Pamela R. Gelman answered on November 9, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product