How does this product compare to the more expensive Game-Capture version? Does it still work just fine for Xbox, or is there a really big difference?
asked by JonLangham on January 3, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
The more expensive gaming capture devices are encoded at a higher quality. This is strictly for Standard Definition (SD) or analog devices. If you use the Xbox in SD, then I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work well. Although I have never tried. I would be interested in seeing the difference.
GaryB answered on January 3, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have not used any other game capture version. I have used this elgato video capture device for converting vhs tapes to digital, and I also used it to capture some of my xbox (old xbox -not 360) gaming and it worked great. Easy to use. The footage looked every bit as detailed and great as it did on my tv screen...not blurry or low fidelity. Hope this helps!
Laus Deo answered on January 3, 2013
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This unit works very well I used it for video capture. I would rate it at the top of the game.
HB answered on January 3, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well, I would like to add that if u want to capture games than its a wrong device, this is for only compatible for VHS cassettes to digital format, u must go for" elgato game capture device" instead of this product
ajay aggarwal answered on January 5, 2013
Comment | 0 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product