Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
asked by J. Parmelee on March 5, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
I dont know what is going on the prices, but I bought these from Amazon last year for about $65. Google some other sites, like J&R. $300 is incorrect pricing.
Pokerguy answered on March 5, 2012
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
v6 and 7506 are IDENTICAL except: gold plating on connector vs nickel plating, model numbers on earcups, warranty handled by Sony professional division on 7506 so possible better customer service. Otherwise IDENTICAL, even the Sony service manual shows identical parts throughout. Hopefully V6 not discontinued or something, accounting for the huge price hike (should be $65-75 shipped for V6). Had my pair since 1992. Awesome! (V600 is a TOTALLY different product - I'd definitely stick with V6/7506)
Lawless answered on March 26, 2012
Comment (1) | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yep, due to flooding in Thailand the price went sky-high for about half a year.
Back to normal now, hope they stay that way! :D
Tanner Huisman answered on April 16, 2012
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
jkonline answered on March 18, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I will never go back to the Sony MDR V600s, while the sound is decent they now make them with too thin a cord.The cord on my pair of V600s was so thin that it was pretty much falling apart(after about a year) so I bought the Sony MDR 7506s not only was the cord(of the 7506s) much thicker the sound was much better in my opinion. The V600s don't sound anywhere near as bad as some of the posters on amazon and other sites want you to believe but the 7506s have a more detailed, clear and real sound.
J. Parmelee answered on March 19, 2012
Comment | 6 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just bought a pair of V6s last month and I can honestly say they sound even better than the 7506s and are just as comfortable for less money. Yeah Id say the 7506s are a bit flatter but I feel like I actually notice more sounds from the V6s. The V6s give more of an ear candy listening experience but are actually clearer as well.
J. Parmelee answered on October 3, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think there IS a difference between the Sony MDR V6 and MDR 7506 and it's not just in how they look it's how they feel. Sony MDR 7506s are lighter and a bit more comfortable(not as tight, but still snug). I went for the Sony MDR 7506s even when they were going for a higher price than the V6s because of the comort level ratings.
J. Parmelee answered on March 28, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The MDRV6 is now on sale at Amazon for $70. Time to buy another pair. Spoke too soon, they just raised the price $10.
J. Schwarz answered on March 31, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hey now they cost less than the Sony MDR 7506s. Im honestly considering buying these now but see no need. I would buy the V6s only if my Sony MDR 7506s quit working. If you're looking for a great pair of headphones and only want one pair I would suggest buy whatever is cheaper. Still love my 7506s though and would probably buy them again if my pair broke. The only thing I'm wondering about is if the newer larger diaphram version sounds exactly the same as the older version because that may be a deal breaker for them if they don't sound as good.
J. Parmelee answered on May 1, 2012

A
Actually, they are NOT completely identical, at all. The frequency range on the MDR V6 is 5Hz-30Khz. On the MDR 7506, the frequency range is only 10Hz-20Khz. That may not be noticeable in real-life listening situations, I don't know. On paper, though, that seems like a fair amount of difference.
R. Miller answered on February 9, 2014
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product