Mac OS X Lion compatible? I'm interested in this because my old N52 just hasn't been the same since I upgraded my Macbook Pro to Lion. I use it mostly for Photoshop, and while I can get my custom mapping to work through ControllerMate, the D-pad still doesn't work and overall it just doesn't work as well as it did when I was able to use the official software.

Does the new Nostromo from Razer play nice with OS X Lion? Does it have any Mac-compatible support software included that would let me map the keys the way I want?
asked by Tim B. on February 29, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
votes
Yes it is, I use a Macbook Pro and I play World of Warcraft on it, works fine, and yes the software works good on Lion. I have no issues so far.
You can check it here: http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=674&nav=0,86,96
Larry Gonzalez answered on April 10, 2012

A
votes
I use the Nostromo on my Macbook Pro with Lion (and my old Belkin n52 more happily on my PC). Razer has a note for Lion users: "Users might experience slight issues with keymap switching in rare cases." They're not kidding. The driver works, but instead of being instant (as it is on Windows and was with the Belkin n52 I loved before I upgraded to Lion), keymap switching takes about half a second, at least for me. This makes the keypad significantly less useful in situations where you might want regular, instant access to more than 14 functions (as I often do in World of Warcraft). People who've never had a Nostromo may not mind the keymap switching delay, as they can just adapt to it as they learn to play with the keypad in the first place, but anyone who's used to the responsiveness of the Belkin version or the Windows driver might have a hard time. The 1.00 version of the Mac driver is just over 10 months old now; hopefully they'll finally release a new version soon that will not have the delays. I'd wait for an update.
C. Schultz answered on July 22, 2012

A
votes
I have a MacBook Pro with OS X Lion 10.8 and installed the Mac driver 1.0 and it was working but not being able to make macros work, but then I discovered Synapse 2.0 on their website and now it works perfect, just awesome! here is the link http://www.razersupport.com/software/synapse2/
Jairo E. Benavides answered on July 15, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›