BUFFALO AirStation HighPower N600 Gigabit Dual Band Wireless Router WZR-600DHP
Used & New from: $87.88
Is it compatible with Xfinity internet?
asked by Wayne H. on June 6, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Tehnically yes. However, if I was still using the Comcast server, use a Modem first, and then put the Airstation Next. The majority of popular Modems and routers have severe problems ; if you carefully choose your modems and routers, then what you need on your PC, server or Linux box, is a software that blocks intrusions and exploits. Whilst the improbable issues that most people might face fall into possibilities, then it still falls into the issue of if it happens, goodbye credit rating and ID. I left comcast's service because of way too many technical issues, and at this point Centurylink is very good, with minimal problems. Just change the Modem to a DSL modem and change the Port blocks, and some other technical protection.
Santeria answered on June 6, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes compatible with all Internet providers
Brad Jeffery answered on June 6, 2013

A
I don't know, I have Timewarner Road Runner, but I'd bet that it is.
Caleb Land answered on June 6, 2013

A
I did have comcast internet, but we only had a simple modem and the basic program (internet only) and it worked fine. If you want to make sure, I would contact comcast and ask.
Tomas answered on June 6, 2013

A
Hi Wayne,
If your are referring to Comcasts' Xfinity Internet service, I believe the answer is yes, because they have a bunch of similar dual band gigabit routers on their Accessories page. I am really pleased with the product in terms of speed, range and reliability. One thing to note is that the product ships with firmware for advanced users (DD-WRT) but you may download the non DD-WRT version from the manufacturer's website. There is a configuration wizard that guides you through the setup with either firmware but if you are interested in manually configuring every aspect of your wireless router, the advanced firmware is the one to use. I hope this info helps.
Unbiased Review answered on June 6, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product