Can two people use the same product? My husband and I would like to learn Spanish together using the RS product, but I am concerned that we may not be able to use it at the same time. Ideally we would each complete our lessons individually so I am wondering if one of us completes a lesson will the other person be able to go back and repeat the lesson later? Does the software allow this?
asked by April R. Russell on January 10, 2011
Sort: Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
The software allows up to five users per machine. That is, your husband would have an account and you would have an account, so your progress would be individually tracked. you can also have it on two separate computers

One very big caveat, you only get one license for the Rosetta Stone studio with purchase of the set. The studio is where you can have online tutoring with instructors. For me, this is by far the most valuable feature in the product. You can buy studio time for extra users very cheaply though.
Michael P. Kelty answered on February 8, 2011
Comment | 10 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Is this product helpful for those with some spanish language coursework under their belts? I took beginning Spanish over 10yrs ago and intermediate courses from June-Dec2010, but my professors were from Spain, Mexico, and South America (respectively). Their styles/techniques clashed. I want to speak it fluently for work and for life. How helpful is Rosetta Stone for me?
Natalie S. Everett answered on May 27, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just spoke with RS customer support, and they said the Personal product only allowed for one install (with the five separate profiles Michael mentioned). However, the customer service rep sounded like he had his products confused; he waffled a bit between talking about Personal and Homeschool.
Amazon Customer answered on May 22, 2011
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product