Toshiba Camileo X200 HD 1080p Camcorder, 12x Optical Zoom, 3" Touch Screen
Used & New from: $180.00
can i hook it up to my computer and record live like that or do i have to record and then upload. also does it record sound or would i need a mic?
asked by guynamedmatt on March 12, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Yes, You can hook it up via USB and use it like a webcam
J. Hernandez answered on March 12, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No, it will not send live video out the USB - no camcorder does that to my knowledge. However, there may be a device out there that records video via the HDMI output. And yes it does record audio via its internal mics.
S. Depaola answered on March 12, 2013

A
Recording on your computer - if you have software you can. Just like recording from a webcam. Yes it has microphones built in, you can record sound on it.
SF Patron answered on March 12, 2013

A
I always record to an SD card and play it back on a computer. I do not know why one could not hook up the camera directly to a computer. Some times I have had trouble running the camera on the power cord. But if the battery is charged I can get about 45 minutes of record time. Sound has been a problem. At out door events (like shows) I can get good sound recording. But in the classroom I have to have the camera within four feet of the speaker to get a good sound recording. When I plug a mic into the camera I get no sound at all.
M D. answered on March 13, 2013

A
The Built-In Mic is poor, but I would recommend a new mic.
Connor J. Gibbons answered on March 13, 2013

A
You don't need to plug it into your computer if it is charged, but while it is charging in the wall you can record at the same time. It does record sound but if you would like the sound to be heard better then I suggest buying an external microphone.
Patricia Pinto answered on March 12, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product