Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Can I connect my Directv DVR directly into the Receiver via HMDI?
asked by C. A. Graham on February 10, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Yes. You have 4 HDMI ports.
GTIM2L8 answered on February 10, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes. Its got 3 HDMI in so the best way is to hook 1 to 3 things to the receiver and then use one cable to go from the receiver out to the TV. For cheap quality cables Look up mono price. I had have a DVR, mini computer, and Xbox hooked up to mine.
TheGuy answered on February 10, 2013

A
I don't know about the Directv DVR, but my bluray is connected directly into the Yamaha RX-V373 via an HDMI which is the only connection needed. Before getting this new bluray, I had a DVR connected in the same manner, but never used it to record anything, but only to play DVD's, so I don't know if this single HDMI connection will also allow operation of the recording part of your DVR.
Wally answered on February 10, 2013

A
I had no problem. Only thing I can't get video with is my 360. I do component in and HDMI to the TV. No video with that. But DVR to receiver to TV was easy.
royalk4 answered on February 10, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I actually connected my tv to the dvr using hdmi after I did the setup, but you do need to connect to the receiver to do the setup first. Then you need to connect your tv to the receiver via hdmi or something else. I used an optical av connector.
Hope this helps.
Sally Smith answered on February 10, 2013

A
YES
Christopher Nelson answered on February 11, 2013

A
can I connect my firestick to the direct tv genie?
Cherrytart answered on October 6, 2015

A
[Deleted by the author on Apr 10, 2015 9:36:09 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product