ViewSonic PJD5133 SVGA DLP Projector - HDMI, 2700 Lumens, 3000:1 DCR, 120Hz/3D Ready, Speaker
Used & New from: $300.00
I only have the one audio out which seems to connect to a headphone jack. How do I transition this to something that will go to a surround sound?
asked by Mountain Doc on December 9, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
votes
Get a 3.5mm or miniplug to rca cable. Like this one. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=node%3D2486013011&field-keywords=3.5mm+to+rca+cable

I bought a 25ft cable for mine. Works great
flynoe answered on December 9, 2012

A
votes
Hi , I use my computer speakers Bose to produce the sound which for works great
rm021032 answered on December 9, 2012

A
votes
We actually have a Jawbone speaker box we use with it, but you can get all sorts of adapters that will split a typical headphone jack into RCA wires, etc. that you would, in turn, feed into a surround sound system.

Example:
Belkin Audio Y Cable Splitter 1-Mini Plug, 2-RCA Plugs (6 feet)
amazoncustomer answered on December 10, 2012

A
votes
I don't use the projector's audio out for my sound, I use my DVD recorder, which has video out and audio out jacks on it. Can also use a VCR as long as it has stero audio out puts. Hope this works for you.
bruno#1 answered on December 10, 2012

A
votes
I don't think you really want the inferior sound from a projector. An audio/video receiver will give you premium sound, and its only output will be to your projector, on which you will keep the sound turned off. This will make a great home theater.
Rex K. Thomas answered on December 10, 2012

A
votes
You need to have a receiver that has an HDMI "in" and an HDMI "out". Pass your source (DirectTV, cable, roku, etc.) through your receiver and back out to the projector. I also put an HDMI splitter and an automatic switch on mine. When I turn on my Xbox, both my TV and the projector switch to the Xbox....shut it off and it goes back to Tivo. I have about 1000 hours on the projector. I still think it was a great purchase. The only thing I would do different is get an automatic screen. If you haven't purchased yet, get the ViewSonic PJD5523w instead of the 5133.
D. Murphy answered on December 10, 2012

A
votes
I have Boston surround speakers that I use with the projector. That plug looks like a headphone jack but if you look closely there are three separate portions on the shaft divided by an insulator. Output audio is much better than the projector. Some of the other responses may help you with the cable you need if your surround sound system does not have one. See flynoe's description.
Julie answered on December 10, 2012

A
votes
Depends on your system but you should be able to get a cheap cable and/or adapter at bestbuy or the like I personaly use a headphone to headphone cable
K12 answered on December 12, 2012

A
[Deleted by the author on Dec 9, 2012 5:05:26 PM PST]

A
[Deleted by the author on Dec 9, 2012 5:05:59 PM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›