Panasonic VIERA TC-L32C5 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD TV (2012 Model)
Used & New from: $449.99
Can this tv be connected to a surround sound speaker set up? And a receiver, DVD player & VCR player also?
asked by Laura Harris on November 24, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
votes
Yes, absolutely. This TV comes with a number of different inputs, including HDMI, USB & RCA cabling. Should work with any surround speaker setup, with a receiver..and absolutely with a DVD/VCR player (s). Good luck.
Curt Kwak answered on November 25, 2012

A
vote
I gave this TV to my Mother for her birthday, who lives 400 miles away. However I went on panasonic.com to look at the manual, and yes you should be able to connect all of these components without a problem.
L. LONG answered on November 29, 2012

A
votes
DEPENDING upon your setup, this could be a problem. I have an older receiver (all of 5 years). Receiver lacks HDMI. Comcast HD Cable TV comes with an HDMI cable that plugs right in the back of the TV. That gets everything into the TV, but to get the *audio* to play through my receiver's speakers is tricky. This TV has only a digital optical audio output - no "regular" (RCA analog) audio outputs which would work with my non-digital receiver. So I'm looking to have to get a digital to analog converter box for the TV's audio to play through my BOSE surround speaker system. Seems they want you to buy a new HDMI receiver? I would have reconsidered buying this unit had I known of it's lack of a simple, regular audio output (not even a headphone jack?)
Chip from Woodbury, NJ answered on February 12, 2013

A
votes
The manual is available on Panasonic.com and shows the number of inputs available.
Pat answered on November 25, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›