connection question my computer has hdmi, not dvi. my monitor has dvi, not hdmi. can i use this cable to connect both computer and monitor? also, will this also give me sound? if not, how can i get sound?
[UPDATED] asked by luis castellanos on October 7, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
yes this cable with allow you to connect your pc to your monitor but dvi does not carry an audio signal. you'll have to plug speakers into the computer tower's audio output jack.
bthom answered on November 29, 2011

A
votes
The writeup seems to say this is to go from DVI to HDMI on a HD TV. I want to go from HDMI to DVI.
I want to drive a monitor using this cable from a laptop with an HDMI out. The monitor has DVI but is NOT HD capable. When setting up a desktop graphics card, the Nvidia software made a distinction about the monitor being HD capable and said you could damage the monitor by connecting it to the HDMI port if it wasn't HD. So...has anybody done something similar without damaging any components or know enough about DVI and HDMI to know whether this can be done? Is maybe the HD signal pin disabled or somthing similar.
T. A. Heaney answered on May 10, 2012

A
votes
One and the same
K. Hudson answered on December 12, 2011

A
votes
I have a Macbook Air and use the Apple adapter to HDMI, and wish to connect to a Infocus IN102 DLP projector through the RGB/Component video socket. Sound is not an issue as I use a separate speaker system. Will the AmazomBasics HDMI to DVI cable work?
Thanks,
Bulldog1803
Bulldog1803 answered on January 26, 2012

A
votes
I have a Macbook Air and use the Apple adapter to HDMI, and wish to connect to a Infocus IN102 DLP projector through the RGB/Component video socket. Sound is not an issue as I use a separate speaker system. Will the AmazomBasics HDMI to DVI cable work?
Thanks,
Bulldog1803
Bulldog1803 answered on January 26, 2012

A
votes
If an Acer S201HL monitor have a DVI port, does it mean it has DVI?
penny answered on December 9, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›