Roku XD 2050, 720p Streaming Player
Used & New from: $44.99
I am considering purchasing a Roku. I see there are different models. If I buy one, which Roku box should I get? I have never had a streaming player.
asked by Frank Mitchell on April 28, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
The Roku 3 gives you the most flexibility but it may have features you don't need. It's best to go on the Roku site and look at the features each offers and see what you're going to use. I have both the Roku 3 and Apple TV. I personally like the features of Apple better although the channel choices are fewer, but I mainly wanted it for Netflix so that doesn't bother me. I find most of the choices for additional channels on Roku not to be of my liking anyway. Many of them are very niche oriented, such things as outdoor cooking, religion, etc. Many of the "free" movie channels play old "B" movies and it seems as if there are few changes in what is offered. Other movie channels require additional subscription fees or in some cases you can watch the movie "free" if you put up with a few commercial interruptions. But, again I find the choices limited and not really of interest to me. You may be different and enjoy the offerings.
J. Springer answered on April 28, 2013
Comments (3) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have three Roku XDs - one fr each TV I own - we love them they give us great streaming of Netflix, Amazon Prime and others - easy to setup and operate
Vic Graninger answered on April 28, 2013
Comments (7) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would get the roku 2 xd. around fifty five dollars from amazon warehouse and I am sure like me you will come to love it. They are adding more channels every day.it is close to replacing my cable service.
R. Miller answered on April 29, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›