Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 4, 2012 10:32:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 4:58:49 PM PST
JJ says:
I've ordered this book and hope finally to have an answer to why he behaves the way he does. Why is he so scared when things are going well that he has to make up something to get into a rage and scream at me about. Why does he then act like nothing has happened and go back to being a nice guy with hardly a pause in between. Why does he never say he is sorry, that he didn't mean it. Why does he call it nagging when I try to get him to talk about it. Why have I had to stop ever going out with friends with him or having people come to our house for fear of what rude insulting thing he will say to me that will embarrass them as well as me. Why did I have to stop going on trips with him because he always at some point behaves so badly that the whole trip is ruined. Why have I become more and more isolated from him. Why do I feel pain all the time. Why have I been with him nearly 40 years. Why didn't I give up sooner when I was younger. Did I believe I deserved to be treated like that. Recently I read something that said "nobody gets everything in life - it's a compromise". I've had a lot of good things in my life. I've traveled all over the world, I've had my animals, I've had my work that was very fulfilling. But, I really believe I'd have traded all of that for a life with a man who treated me with respect and affection all the time. The more I read reviews of the books I'm finding at Amazon, the more I tend to believe that no such man exists. But, it does make me feel less alone. I guess I thought that I was in the minority but apparently that is not true. There are a lot of very sick people out there. And, I keep wondering "why".
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Jekyll and Hyde Syndrome: What to Do If Someone in Your Life Has a Dual Personality - or If You Do
The Jekyll and Hyde Syndrome: What to Do If Someone in Your Life Has a Dual Personality - or If You Do by Beverly Engel (Hardcover - April 13, 2007)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (14)