volume control through tv Just got these speakers (M-Audio Studiophile AV 40). Hooked them up to Sony bravia 40" tv. Is there any way to control the volume other than through the knob in the front? It will be a real drag to have to get up to change the volume every time.
asked by Emily Beeler on January 1, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Check your TV to see if there is a setting for controlling the audio out. On mine it is under the Audio menu and is called Audio Out. Setting it to Variable does what you want.
Craig S. Thom answered on April 9, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You could turn the volume up on them, and then use the tv audio to control the output level.
Mason Wiley answered on June 7, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've got the same issue. The remote will not adjust the volume. This remains a problem whether the speakers are hooked to the cable box audio out, or to the TV audio out.
John E Schneider answered on February 27, 2011

A
Just FYI though most manufacturers have done away with the variable audio out, stupid I know but true. Sony and Mits are the only two that come to mind that still offer that option.
A. Kuempel answered on April 9, 2011

A
I have a couple of Sharp TVs that have the variable audio out but they are a couple fo years old. I don't know if Sharp still has it. I know the Samsungs don't have it.
D. Montague answered on April 17, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product