Xbox controller for Windows 7 desktop. I'm a gamer since the first rpgs came out and have always used a keyboard and mouse. Now I find in playing games like Legend of Grimrock I am not fast enough to get through some levels that require speed. I was thinking about getting an Xbox controller to see if my speed could improve. Do you think the Xbox controller gives more speed than the keyboard and mouse? For a Windows 7 machine with 64 bits which one would you recommend and should I go wireless or wired? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
[UPDATED] asked by J. Schwarz on October 10, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
votes
A controller will never keep up with the speed of a mouse and keyboard when used properly. A mouse is much more exact that an analog stick. Something you'll just have to get use too in order to get the most out of being a PC gamer. However, while a controller won't be able to keep up with a mouse. You may see a bit of improvement in your game if you are coming over from a console. ;)
Eric R. answered on December 22, 2012

A
votes
Just depends on the game as to whether a controller or mouse and keyboard is better. Some it's clearly one or the other being vastly better, but some games, like FPS, can work well on either (in that case though a mouse and keyboard will generally give you more precise control though).
WolfPup answered on November 21, 2013

A
votes
When you say "Speed" it could refer to many factors. Is your PC slowing down from low FPS (lower then 60)? Are you using older or newer inputs devices? Normally keyboards use plastic dome-triggers that wear out with use, this slows the de-press and can make rapid taps harder. Things like Vsync, high max pre-rendered frames, and very high DPI could cause an increase in mouse lag. As a PC gamer myself I use a gamepad depending on what game/genre. Racing, Fighting, and Indie games are normally more comfortable on controllers. First Person Shooters I always use a mouse because nothing else comes close when you need quick accurate clicks. Legend of Grimrock I might use a controller because accuracy isn't required.
J. Jasa answered on December 8, 2013

A
votes
i neede to know if my xbox 360 CONTROLLER CANBE USE BY A SECOND PLEAYER IN MY HOME ON THE SAME
GAME??
t. REED answered on November 26, 2012

A
votes
can i use more than one xbox 360 controllers at a time toplay the xbox games?????
t. REED answered on November 26, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›