Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Will this controller work for Wii games like New Super Mario Bros, Metroid, and Zelda?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 21, 2010 8:33:27 PM PDT
Phil says:
Or will I have to use the Wii Remote/Nunchucks? Do all Wii games support the Classic Controller Pro as an alternative to using the remote/nunchucks? And what is "virtual console"?

I have limited mobility so I don't think I can use the motion sense controllers, although using a controller is easier for me.

I would greatly appreciate any helpful info. Thanks !!

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 10:54:05 AM PDT
scpd says:
Most Wii games are not compatible with the Classic Controller.
Here's a full list of ones that do: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_that_use_the_Nintendo_classic_controller

Twilight Princess and Corruption (if those are the games you are talking about) don't require much more than wrist movement while playing, so I wouldn't worry too much about the motion control part (I own both).

Virtual console is an online feature for the Wii that allows you to buy games that came out on older video game systems, like the Sega Genesis, NES, and Nintendo 64. The games cost between 500-1200 points ($5-$12) and are saved on to your Wii system. The games can be controlled with a classic controller or Gamecube controller.

Posted on Jul 21, 2010 9:43:37 PM PDT
Just check the back of the game case. In the upper right corner it will tell you if a game uses the Classic Controller.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2010 2:45:26 PM PDT
All those games have motion control. New Super Mario Bros is just using it as a pointer and giving the controller a little shake to do a spin jump and activate the proppeller suit so it sounds like that might be ok for you still.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 21, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 27, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about