Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now HTL

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-44 of 44 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 27, 2010 7:17:13 AM PST
romevi says:
Plus, if you can find one at your local GameStop, the Hori's $10 cheaper than here on (as Dread Pirate Zombie mentioned). It's a great stick to have for other games, too--like Virtual Console games.

Posted on Jan 27, 2010 8:31:32 AM PST
Aojiroir says:
I was hopping to avoid buying the madcatz stick only because 6 months ago i dropped 120 on a TE stick for my 360. Alas it looks like i may have to. Anyone know of any other Wii exclusive fighting games where i would want to use a stick?

Posted on Jan 27, 2010 8:36:18 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 27, 2010 8:36:37 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2010 8:40:42 AM PST
romevi says:
Peruse the Virtual Console titles. Lots to choose from! I personally use the stick a lot for Galaga, Pac-Man, Space Invaders and Life Force.

Posted on Feb 2, 2010 9:46:16 AM PST
Aojiroir says:
Alright so i ordered the ps2 to wii dongle and it should be here in the next few days. I will use my old ps2 streetfighter 15th anniversary fightpads. If this does not work i guess ill have to buy the classic but i can tell that the dpad and analogue sticks are teh same build as on the wii mote. Meaning awful for fighting games.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2010 10:45:40 AM PST
Benpachi says:
There really aren't any Wii exclusive fighting games other than TvC but definitive versions of other games. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core/Plus and the SNK compilations (except for Metal Slug) are all better on the Wii and arcade sticks are great for all of them. Add in the upcoming Data East arcade classics and virtual console titles and there ya are.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2010 10:49:49 AM PST
romevi says:
What about Brawl? That game is fantastic!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2010 8:08:36 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Brawl is definitely fantastic, I was just responding about fighting games an arcade stick is good for.

Posted on Feb 3, 2010 12:23:02 PM PST
Aojiroir says:
Wait how are the snk comps "better" on wii than another system?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2010 12:32:22 PM PST
romevi says:
Ah, I see.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2010 12:36:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 3, 2010 12:40:29 PM PST
Benpachi says:
Because they don't have any load times between rounds, the KOF collection was especially painful on PS2 because of that.

Posted on Feb 3, 2010 12:46:20 PM PST
Benpachi says:
native widescreen display too, forgot that part

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2010 7:12:46 AM PST
Brad C says:
I don't have T v C yet, but last night I tried out some PS2 controllers using a ps2/gamecube adapter (the adapter also has usb and xbox hookups) on Street Fighter II (Wii VC version). I was able to map the buttons correctly for the orginal ps2 controller, but my SF 15th ann controller would not map correctly. A few of the face buttons worked but the triggers would not respond. Also had the same issue with the SF controler trying to use it on the xbox with the same adapter...I guess the SF pad is not as compatible with other systems as the original ps2, or maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Posted on Feb 7, 2010 8:36:26 PM PST
Aojiroir says:
I just ordered the Mayflash wii to ps1 ps2 adapter and it did not do anything at all. I was using the SF 15th anniversary controllers and i dont have any PS1/2 controllers anymore so i cant test those. But the light on the adapter did not come on so either it is a dead unit/doesnt work or the controller isnt recognized. Either way im sending it back and just using a Classic Controller. 80 bucks is too much to lay down on a stick for the Wii atm. Esp since i already have a SE for the 360. . .ill just wait till TvC2 comes out on 360 :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2010 10:39:00 PM PST
romevi says:
Ahh! Haven't I urged you all? Get the Hori Fighting Stick Wii instead for $40.

Posted on Feb 8, 2010 2:58:30 PM PST
Aojiroir says:
A) its 20 dollars more than the Classic
B) My 360 is better than the wii for fighting games
C) I dont see the point in owning a fightstick for 1 game.

Posted on Feb 8, 2010 4:50:31 PM PST
Jack Coffee says:
except that it's not for one game, it's for many awesome games on the wii, and there's no indication that TvC2 will be released for the RROD.

Posted on Feb 9, 2010 12:12:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 9, 2010 12:38:59 PM PST
Benpachi says:
Ryota Niitsuma said a sequel *could* be possible for the PS3/360, in the same breath he said that if gamers invested in arcade sticks for Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom then it would be a disservice to fans to not produce more games. As TvC is a Wii exclusive I would take that as his intent to make more fighting games for the Wii. While TvC2 may show up on other consoles, which I honestly don't think it will or should (and I have a PS3 as well), if it happens that doesn't mean that there won't be new Capcom fighting games for the Wii.

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 8:30:31 AM PST
moogle11 says:
I read on ebay that this stick will work on SSFIV on xbox 360 & PS3 ? Does anyone know how ?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 17, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions