how to convince my mom to let me get black ops

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 22, 2010 12:52:50 PM PST
Cj says:
I'm 13 and she won't let me get it because it's M.But all my friends have it.

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 1:44:17 PM PST
read the user reviews...not worth it anyway, focus on getting her to get you Halo Reach or Assassin's Creed Brotherhood...or Modern Warfare 2.

Personally I preferred Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Seriously though it is best to show her that you are mature, and maybe show her another mature game that you already own and how it hasn't changed you or ruined your childhood...keep in mind she might take that M game you own and throw it out so choose one you don't really care about anymore.

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 1:49:06 PM PST
Ben Rowland says:
Deal with it. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but some games are "M" rated for a reason, and if you were my kid I wouldn't allow you to play Black Ops either. The violence and mature content is one reason, the other being the conduct of other gamers online. Many teenagers (and some older but less mature people) make the online experience intolerable by camping, swearing at everyone and generally acting like idiots. I wouldn't want you exposed to that and I definitely wouldn't want you acting like that, so your mom is doing the right thing. It might suck for you now, but sorry, rules are rules.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2010 6:17:40 PM PST
ANDY LAU says:
very well said

Posted on Nov 25, 2010 4:40:09 PM PST
240C says:
Ben,
My words exactly. One, it keeps another kid from ruining the online experience and two, a 13 year old does not really need to be exposed to that type of graphic violence and online nonsense. Now before anyone starts the "flaming" I am coming at this situation as a parent, not another 13 year old. There are plenty of other games out there way better than Black Ops. Keep your head up and one day you can buy whatever you want.

Posted on Nov 25, 2010 6:47:26 PM PST
D. Salvati says:
Why is a 13 year old kid posting here in the first place?

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 6:00:04 AM PST
sicRage says:
If you were my kid i would tell you to mow lawns, shovel driveways, get a paper route.. etc.. save your money buy the games you want yourself.

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 1:10:59 PM PST
John Beowulf says:
Tell your mom "You will be the first to go when the revolution comes", unless you get the game. She will understand.

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 5:25:05 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 30, 2010 10:57:57 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 5:41:05 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 30, 2010 10:52:11 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 6:39:22 PM PST
D. Gonzales says:
yea I wouldn't let my 13 yr old kid get a M rated game either it's rated M for a reason.
@ M. Moore........great role model right there -_-

Posted on Nov 28, 2010 7:39:12 PM PST
240C says:
Yea man, the best way to get Black Ops is to refer to your mother as a "trick"..........M.Moore, your attempt to seem cool has failed. Refering to the guys mom as a trick??? Flick off an employee??? Most likely you are probably younger than the kid who started this tread. And putting all of us on "blast" for supporting his mom and the M rating? Get out of here man, you added nothing to the conversation at all. Everyone's opinion-except yours-made sense or at least attempted to but then your ghetto behind came on and basically degraded all females into the category of being a trick. I would love for you to walk up to your mom and call her that......you won't? Thought so. Grow up man, because I see a short and lonely life ahead of you. Hopefully you will hang yourself and not reproduce so your stupidy will not spred....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2010 2:49:43 PM PST
Hey stupid, boycotting stores will do nothing but clamp down harder on video game sales, I work for 1 of those stores, and we had no choice to do this because the government forced us to because of people like you, so from me to you, middle finger to you a--hole!

Posted on Nov 29, 2010 6:38:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2010 2:10:03 PM PST
240C says:
........I hate GameStop with a passion. Bad customer service, horrible trade in prices and find me a Gamestop with employees that actually know what a video game is......I am an Amazon prime member and rather wait for my games.

Posted on Nov 29, 2010 7:22:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2010 7:23:47 PM PST
Mercy Realms says:
As a mom, I have to say the ratings on these games are irritatingly over-conservative. The language gamers use online (while atrocious) is nothing new to a teenager. I never hear that language from my kid (he's not allowed) but I'm well aware that he knows the vocabulary as well as when it is not appropriate. As to the violence, I find the real life violence in the news and on the internet to be truly objectionable- perhaps we should censor that instead? Let me be the censor for my kid and raise him with his eyes wide open to the world and the ability to know right from wrong. It's only a game.

Posted on Nov 29, 2010 7:40:02 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 30, 2010 10:58:16 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 29, 2010 7:50:40 PM PST
M. Moore says:
Jimmy Sanchez,

I'm gonna respond to you cuz you pretty much owned yourself and I want to share why I am laughing:

You work at a video game store? With your flaring attitude like that it's no wonder customer service in video game stores are absolutely horrendous. It's people like you, displaying attitudes like yours why video game retail stores always are always.. unacceptable.

I've put Gamestop on my personal boycot list a few years ago. If you want me to state every reason why I personally boycotted Gamestop, brace yourself. It is a long story with a lot of bad incidents.

Posted on Nov 29, 2010 10:42:24 PM PST
M. Moore says:
Wow, only 1 negative feedback? This Black Ops discussion board is very boring, just like the game. I guess it's true, nothing but teens and kids play this game. I am saying that cuz most teens don't waste their time posting on a discussion board, especially one catered towards a more mature audience like amazon.com

Posted on Nov 29, 2010 10:54:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2010 10:58:46 AM PST
M. Moore says:
My friend purchased this game and wanted to sell it to me the next day for $40. I declined.

Posted on Nov 29, 2010 11:25:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2010 11:25:20 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
send her to my house and she can play it for free, on one condition. ;).

Posted on Nov 30, 2010 9:26:53 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 30, 2010 2:10:24 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 30, 2010 10:46:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2010 10:56:26 AM PST
M. Moore says:
240C,

I apologize, you are right. Honestly, we all know I was just joking, come on, how often do we see people claiming to be 13 posting on amazon? Anyways, we are both inline in one thing: we both feel Black Ops is not right for our children and youth.

The Activision marketers made this game an "M" rated game on purpose, just to hype this game up to the kids, who by nature, enjoy rebelling. I've went ahead and deleted my original post that was offending everyone.

Also a mother, I truly feel scorn for Activision for insinuating such rebellious activities among our today's youth. With rampant bullying and cyber-bullying being widespread among America, companies like Activision just try to do one thing with that issue: make money off it rather than relieve it.

We, as mothers, should all unite and openly boycot this game, Black Ops, aka Black WOOPS!

Posted on Nov 30, 2010 12:30:09 PM PST
D. Gonzales says:
@ M. Moore you're right this game isn't for the young it's for the mature. that's why parents have to do their job and pay attention to what their kids are playing and stop them from playing it and/or don't buy it for them.
boycotting the game will do no good. why keep others playing it and enjoying it? parents have to pay attention to who is buying the game not the company

Posted on Nov 30, 2010 2:07:15 PM PST
240C says:
M.Moore-With all due apologies I retract all my statements since you were joking about the trick part.
As for the 13 year old posting on Amazon-valid point as well.
I also hate COD. Each year it's the same re-hash and what makes me more mad is that it over-shadows great games like Vanquish, Enslaved and others games that come out during the same time. Good thing is that these games get reduced in price and I pick them up pretty cheap.
So yes, I share your hate and disgust with COD, and GameStop. I live down the street from one....instead of buying their crap, I paid for Amazon prime and I buy all my games from here. I rather drive to GA to purchase a game from Best Buy before I step foot inside a crap store like GameStop.

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 2:21:30 PM PST
Shu Liu says:
i have no idea wtf u guys are talking about. Im 13 and i dont see anything "mature" about it besides some scenes in the single player. Plus all that cursing or stuff in the multiplayer is nonsense. I hear much more cursing in my school than online, most people don't even have mics. -.-
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Nov 22, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Xbox 360
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Xbox 360 by Activision Publishing (Xbox 360)
3.6 out of 5 stars   (1,390)