Customer Discussions > Nintendo DSi - Matte Black forum

copying itunes songs onto SD card

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 5, 2009 2:44:06 PM PDT
mario fan says:
How do I copy my itunes songs onto an SD card so that I can then listen to those songs on my DSi?

Posted on Apr 6, 2009 7:15:43 PM PDT
You need to convert those itunes songs to ACC format to be able to listen to them on your DSI. It's pretty easy to do on itunes, just right-click on a song and select the "convert to ACC format" option; you can't do this with a full album however, just with single songs. Have fun with the system; I'm still waiting on mine to be delivered.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2009 7:24:48 AM PDT
mario fan says:
On itunes, I converted the songs to ACC format -- but now that I've done that, how do I save them on an SD card? There is of course a button to click to burn a disc, but I don't see anything for saving on an SD card. Any advice? Thanks!

Posted on Apr 7, 2009 10:04:02 AM PDT
SEC says:
If you're on a PC, you can just use explorer view and navigate to the directory (probably in the My Music>>>Itunes Music folder) and then copy the AAC files and paste to the SD card. Or just drag and drop the files to the card. If you're on a Mac, I've got no idea ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2009 12:12:40 PM PDT
mario fan says:
On my PC, I checked the directories and couldn't find my iTunes songs anywhere other than on iTunes. And on iTunes I don't see a way to save the ACC songs on an SD card. Am I missing something? Is there way to do this thru iTunes? Any other advice? Thank you!

Posted on Apr 7, 2009 7:59:26 PM PDT
Mario Fan,

1. load iTunes
B. Right click the file you want to add on
C. you should see "Where" Towards the bottom

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2009 9:51:56 AM PDT
1. Use the "open folder to view files" feature after inserting the memory card in your computer. The box should pop up with this option. If not, go into My Computer and double click the memory card icon.
2. With this folder open, minimize the window to the taskbar.
3. In iTunes, right click a song and choose "convert to AAC format." Note: if the track is protected, it will not convert to the right format.
4. After the track is converted, just right click, and "Copy."
5. Open the minimized folder from earlier, right click, and "Paste."
That should do it! That's what's been working for me, anyway. :)

Posted on Apr 11, 2009 2:18:13 PM PDT
mario fan says:
It worked!!!! Thank you so much for the great instructions!!!!!

Posted on Feb 24, 2011 9:54:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2011 9:55:30 PM PST
V. Nguyen says:
I converted a song to AAC, but it doesn't show up in iTunes. Can someone tell me where the converted file is?

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 8:37:21 AM PST
L. Peters says:
trying to download my music from my itunes onto an SD card so I can listen to it in the car...not having much joy, have tried converting them to mp3 also tried the AAC route, still not joy, keeps telling me that the song I am transferring hasn't got its properties...anyone help?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Apr 5, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nintendo DSi - Matte Black
Nintendo DSi - Matte Black by Nintendo (Nintendo DS)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (1,225)