Are all the cords needed to record the VHS to DVD included in this item? Or do I have to buy cords seperately?
asked by Leah Kelton on November 23, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
All the cords you need are included. The process is time consuming. You will have to have a VHS player. Your computer will have to have a decent DVD player, burner to make the transfer. Good luck, I have done about fifty so far.
Donald answered on November 23, 2012
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It has all the connectors on the converter but very shot leads 6 inches max so you need either a usb exstension or the vhs player has to be right next to usb port I have a USB ghub on my computer desk top so I just set the vhs player next to hub a USB extension 3 ft is also nice to have for just this type of occasion
Amazon Customer answered on November 23, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You need the cables to get audio and video from your VCR. The device plugs directly into your computer via USB and has connectors for Left and Right audio (two RCA male to male) and you can use either composite video (one RCA male to male) OR S-Video. Most people already have the necessary cables and if not, they are cheap and easily available
Mike in San Diego answered on November 23, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
looking at the instruction book - you need a male-male RCA video cable OR a male-male S-Video, and for the audio, two male-male RCA audio cables. These are maked as 'user supplied' in the firections for hooking up the device. Your VHS probably came with these cables and are now used to hook the out side of the VHS to your TV - you can use those cables.

footnote on this product - the ROXIO line has been aquired by Corel and support for the ROXIO products is "in transition" according to the support website(s). I could not find a link to the documention...
Cap'n B answered on November 23, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The USB adapter is included only. You only need your existing cable from the video recorder / player to the TV. Your existing cable will connect the VHS player to the PC via the cable included in the package.
Mitri Zabaneh answered on November 23, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You need to get the RCA patch cords for the audio and a RCA yellow cord for video or a S- video connecter I found amazom the cheapest for the S vidio conecter.
Stephen's opinions answered on November 23, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You will unfortunately have to buy them separately. I have given up on this software because of no solution to jumpy appearance and spotty sound after I discovered that my Toshiba DVR670KU digital video recorder has transfer functions that do a better job.
RaynOhio answered on November 23, 2012

A
No, you need the male RCA cables (red for right, white for left for audio, yellow for video) that came with your VHS player to connect to the Roxio Video Capture USB device.
Aref
Amazon Customer answered on November 23, 2012

A
As far as I remember, I had to buy 1 simple 3 wire cord (Audio 1, Audio 2, Video) - a very cheap item at most stores
Shore Al answered on November 23, 2012

A
will it record prerecord vhs tapes by disney
Micky M. answered on January 29, 2014
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product