Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Will this correctly fit Apple TV's optical digital audio port?
asked by Gene Fortajada on January 10, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
I use both TOS Link and HDMI connectors on my Apple TV. When I'm streaming music from iTunes through the AppleTV to an audio amplifier it works great. Then when I'm streaming video the HDMI works with the video gear.
Ernie P. answered on January 11, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Haha. Yes it works fine - - if you know to remove the plastic caps on the ends of the cable (try it and see). had to edit RAGE at the thing not fitting.
Prof. Bernardo de la Paz answered on September 26, 2013
Comments (2) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Steven M. Mcmahon answered on January 11, 2013
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
YES it should work just fine. As far as I have seen there is only one type of audio optical hookup used in the industry right now. So unless there is something new out there that we have not yet seen it works the same way any other optical cable does. I am pretty sure that they are nothing more than a fiber optic cable with connectors on each end.
Gerald L. Hill answered on January 11, 2013
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Steven M. Mcmahon answered on January 11, 2013
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am using this now on an ATV3 and Sony home theater system. It works fine. It also allows Dolby DTS and other Dolby signals to come through. I am using it on a 5.1 system.
Mike H. answered on January 11, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
where do i connect this into, on the xbox360 and tv?
Amazon Customer answered on May 1, 2014
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product