could you do bbm on this and does it work with wifi ?
asked by Tkeyah Lewis on May 9, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
Yes, it works perfectly with wifi.
Yongheng Y. answered on May 9, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes and yes. It didn't have the tons of apps available that droid and apple tablets had so she felt her tablet was far inferior to her friend's and family members tablets. For instance, it didn't have apps for the major news networks or the trending word games or even free angry birds.
Sarge C answered on May 9, 2013

A
Yes and yes.
Dean answered on May 9, 2013

A
You can use all features of BBM with it bridged to a bb phone. With only wifi and not being bridged, you can only use bbm video chat. I actually use bbm video chat quite often with my wife and kids when I am out and they are home. FYI I carry a Z10.
jerry answered on May 9, 2013

A
yup.
dannymike answered on May 10, 2013

A
Absolutely you can and it does work with wifi...BUT you still need to have bbm plan on your exisiting blackberry phone. You have to enable bluetooth on your blackberry, then the play book picks up that bluetooth signal and pairs it with your playbook and magic happens you can leave your phone in the drawer and just use your playbook within range of the phone. thanks.

Also what I do is, I subscribe to BBM for 5 bucks a month (in canada with Wind) then I use BBM with bluetooth on my playbook. I then use my home wifi or work wifi or my android phone wifi, or coffee shop wifi to surf the net and I also have my other messenger services like hotmail, skype, through IMO running so all my messenger comes to one place in my playbook.
DrData answered on May 10, 2013

A
You can use bbm if you have a BB phone, it currently does not support this feature solo. The Playbook does support wifi & works flawlessly with it.
Beebo answered on May 11, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product