Why couldn't Dragon Ball Kai recieve this much care?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 3, 2011 8:37:52 PM PDT
Nemesis-489 says:
I saw a teaser for this and I noticed all the scenes are faithful re-animations of the original Dragon Ball Z. So what the hell? Why couldn't they have done this for Kai?
Not that I don't appreciate the redubbing, great sound effects, and a few nifty photoshop effects. But the whole Kai project seemed kind of lazy to me, so strap whatever retro-goggled excuse you want to it, you could have easily bought a Dragon Box or a Funimation re-release instead for the older animation.

So all I really want to know is why do so much redrawing for one of the millions of offshoot games for DBZ instead of putting that effort in the reboot(/Kai) project?

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 1:42:27 PM PDT
xL717 says:
I can understand what you're saying. I would love to see the original DBZ with new animations along with the the new Kai actors and a new script. I too am kind of surprised to see so much effort being put into the game.

But at the same time, isn't this a good thing that Ultimate Tenkaichi is getting such good treatment? The fans of the games have been wanting to see some innovation put into the games and now it seems that we are starting to see our requests answered. For the most part really does look like it will be the "Ultimate" Budokai Tenkaichi-style DBZ game.

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 8:53:30 AM PDT
Will M says:
I completely agree I grew up with Dragonball. When i saw the revamp in Dragonball Kai i got super excited. The intros were awesome and i thought "this is going to be great." Only to be disappointed with the remastering of old art :'(

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 8:58:57 AM PDT
Dylan says:
DBZ is like the biggest series of all time. I can bet in 10 years we will be seeing a full re make :P
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Oct 3, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 26, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi by Namco (PlayStation 3)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (142)