Why couldn't they have released this earlier?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 12, 2012 11:42:01 AM PDT
Smug_Grinch says:
I just bought the Universal 30th Anniversary Disc awhile back and now Shout Factory is making me double-dip! I guess it's worth it to get these great Special Features, though. That's also a rarity for Shout Factory, I hear. Has anyone actually seen the print for this new Blu-Ray release yet?

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 9:51:52 AM PDT
james white says:
The print is very good. Picture quality might be a touch better than the 30th anniversary edition. It was nice to get the television version to see the scenes added in but it would have been nice to have the seens added without losing the r- rating. Guess it would have been tough to do financially though since the movie is not a huge money maker compared to the original. Now if we could get a proper release of the original halloween then it would be great.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 10:00:46 AM PDT
Smug_Grinch says:
Yeah, we were lucky to get the Halloween Extended Cut with the TV scenes added into the feature film. But I guess they're making this one exactly as it says: The TV Version. Oh, well. I've never seen the TV Version, but there were a lot of deleted scenes on the 30th Anniversary Edition. So I don't know if they're the same or not. Still, there are some other features on here not on the other one. And a cleaner print is always an added bonus. Lol. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2012 8:34:46 AM PDT
Michael Hyde says:
There is a version with tv and janet's death, and hot tub unedited. Look on line. I bought it for 20.00 bucks. 2012 version is better.

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 8:48:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 12, 2012 8:52:51 AM PDT
Michael Hyde says:
I want to thank Rick Rosenthal for releasing the TV version. That has always been my favorite version! I will say Halloween II is the best one in the series. It actaully explains more, and you can see the child side in Michael Myers. The tv version also goes in sync with the comic books. Laurie Strode "He won't die mama! He Won't go away!" True red-neck vioce! This movie is considered the red headed step child. It never gets Tv play, it's never part of a boxset, it's never used as a flash back in the sequals, Jamie Lee never talks about, and most people never realized that there were versions of the movie. Halloween III and V, and VI get more respect!(3 had nothing to do with Halloween, and 5&6 were god awful!) I've watched it twice already! The documentury was was cool! Thank you once again Rick for releasing part II!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Sep 12, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halloween II (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray / DVD]
Halloween II (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray / DVD] by Jamie Lee Curtis (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (703)