Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box, Pewter
Used & New from: $68.50
Can this be used for cats that don't cover their poop? One of my cats doesn't cover his poop or pee (though, not for a lack of trying). Can this litterbox still be used? Will rolling the box from side to side help get the excrement covered?

Also, is this box easily rolled by an older person?
asked by Suzanne on June 25, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
Absolutely YES! When you roll the box over the poop falls easily into the drawer for removal while the litter falls through the grate and then back into the box cleaned. I've used these boxes for about 10 years now and I generally replace them about every 4 years. It's a great buy and is very each to take apart for monthly washing.
C. Moore answered on July 9, 2012
Comments (2) | 16 of 16 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes and No - any wet cat waste (not covered) can get stuck on the internal grate, cause a mess and not go into the catcher. Probably would smear around in the inside too when you roll it.

The solution is to a) don't roll it right after your cat has used it. (wait for litter to clump up) b) have a quick peak inside to check if anything hasn't been covered and if it hasn't give it a little rock so it does get covered and roll it a little while later.

The rolling is super easy - it's easy to look into (i have a terrible back) and pulling the little tray out and just dumping the contents is 1000 times better than scooping. I roll it every time I go to the bathroom myself so it's always clean.
Jason P answered on July 19, 2012
Comment | 19 of 20 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Answer is YES....and YES....Get this box......stop the pain!!
John B. Hartleb answered on August 12, 2012
Comment | 6 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›