Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 1, 2010 8:33:24 PM PDT
Ford Genie says:
Just purchased this device and can't seem to install the driver software, therefore, I can not update it or do anything which requires me to have the scanner hooked up to my pc. I am running windows 7 home edition. Any help would be appreciated

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2010 11:30:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2010 7:34:27 PM PDT
I am having similar issues with Windows 7, fortunately I have another laptop running XP. I would recommend trying to update the software to v3.0 (currently downloading) to see if this gets you closer to having it work.

http://www.actron.com/webfiles/Actron_ScanningSuite_Ver3_Install.exe

After installing the latest version, I was then able to install the drivers following these instructions.

www.actron.com/webfiles/CP9180_Driver_Install_Instructions.pdf

I have gotten closer to recognizing the device, but still not 100% yet. If I come up with any additional info I will update this post.

In addition, it helps to read the directions :) Put your 9180 into Program Mode and then the above works.

Posted on May 21, 2010 4:19:20 PM PDT
I was having the same issue, not being to able to have the Windows 7 software to link to my scanner. I sent a note to Actron and received the following reply"

Good Morning,
Currently our drivers and software are not compatible with windows 7 operating systems. We are working on a fix for this around the clock and when we fix this problem, it will become available on www.actron.com/tool_updates.

SPX Technical Service
SPX Corporation - Service Solutions
Cleveland_Tech@ServiceSolutions.SPX.com
800-228-7667(Phone) 800-955-8329(FAX)
New Hours, 7:00AM-7:00PM CST, M-F

So it looks like we will not be able to use our scanner software until they resolve this issue, I would think that the more people that contact them on this subject the quicker they will resolve this.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2010 12:29:54 PM PDT
It may not have been clear, but I was able to get the 9180 to work on both XP and Windows 7 using the documents I mentioned above. My troubles were a result of my lack of attention in reading directions.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2010 3:24:22 PM PDT
Nylox says:
Thank You John!

I am new to win 7 and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to force install the USB drivers for this scanner. The instructions at "www.actron.com/webfiles/CP9180_Driver_Install_Instructions.pdf " were spot on and it even worked with Scanning Suite V1. I am downloading V3 as I type but at least it is finally working with Win 7. Why Actron doesn't just put this information directly on their website or at last put a little pamphlet in the package is beyond me. Thanks again for the link to the device manager instructions.

Posted on Oct 27, 2010 11:47:26 PM PDT
Thanks Nylox. The directions where fantastic, I just wish I actually read them the first time around properly.
At least you seemed to not have that problem :D
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  May 1, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 27, 2010

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Actron CP9180 AutoScanner Plus Diagnostic Code Scanner with Live, Record and Playback Data Capability and O2 Monitor Test for OBDII  Vehicles
Actron CP9180 AutoScanner Plus Diagnostic Code Scanner with Live, Record and Playback Data Capability and O2 Monitor Test for OBDII Vehicles by Actron
4.3 out of 5 stars   (150)