4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoes
Comfortable and comply with work standards. Need more support and feet get sweaty (unavoidable with no vents).
Published on August 6, 2008 by H. Hindle

3.0 out of 5 stars Better Beater Work Shoe
Published on May 11, 2012 by strugglebox88

3.0 out of 5 stars Better Beater Work Shoe, May 11, 2012
This review is from: Crocs Bistro Clog (Apparel)
I work at Taco Bell, on my feet on concrete for 6-8 hours. Bought the Bistro as an alternative to cheapo lace-up non-slips (that stink godawful if you try to get your money's worth out of them). I also have chronic pain issues and have been going to a chiropractor for 2 years. I've previously worn expensive orthotic inserts to help with pronation and back problems... so going to these I wasn't expecting much. That being said:

Pros: Relatively cheap, anti-bacterial, you can spray em down or soak em when they get dirty (nice smooth surface that's easy to wash), they are comfy on the feet(I was skeptical of the 'massaging nubs' on the inside of the shoe - but they're a nice touch), the non-slip grip soles work well (I walk through grease, water, and food spills at work and they measure up to any other non-slip shoe), and I feel like I can make them last a long time (I'm cheap, so I like to wear things into the ground until they break).

Cons: I wear a half size 9.5M and have a C-D width, so I rounded up as per their suggestion... the shoes fit, but they're just on the verge of being too big (lots of space, especially in width) you might want to stay away from these if you wear half sizes. Also, the Crocs clogs are Mickey Mouse Clown Shoes - I don't mind as it's just a work shoe, but I wouldn't wear these out on the town... also they don't breath very well, your feet will sweat. Not a big issue though, just put some Gold Bond or baby powder in your socks...

All and all I think it's a desirable alternative to traditional work shoes for a fast food worker - but beyond that, I wouldn't buy their clogs for anything but beach shoes maybe... I'm curious about their sandals though - I bet they're not bad.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoes, August 6, 2008
H. Hindle (Terre Haute, IN, United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Non Slip, May 15, 2011
This review is from: Crocs Bistro Clog (Apparel)
I just got these to replace my Endeavor Crocs that I have been wearing to work, hospital laboratory, for 4 years. Every night, I work the evening shift, the floors are wet mopped. I use to walk very slow and careful as the old E. Crocs were SO slippery on the wet floors. Last night not at all. I thought they would be better but they were totally non slip. I was so glad as I carry specimens and must be very quick. They are firmer then the original Crocs but I quickly became used to them and really appreciated the sure footedness I felt. No regrets. We are not allowed to have holes in our shoes hence the Endeavors and now the Bistros. I got the Navy.?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great price, January 7, 2011
This review is from: Crocs Bistro Clog (Apparel)
After weeks of research, and another pair of clogs that didn't fit, we purchased these for my husband to wear at work. He is on his feet all day, working in the hospital O.R. He'd been wearing tennis shoes up until this point, but they were impossible to clean and just not very comfortable. For some reason, I didn't expect that these crocs would have enough support but my husband insisted that lot's of his coworkers loved them - so I ordered them. He loved them, even more so than other more expensive brands he'd tried on. They are so easy to clean and sterilize, and look sharp too. He's been wearing them for a few months now and still loves them. Wish we'd bought these for him years ago....

4.0 out of 5 stars nice and comfy, January 24, 2011
This review is from: Crocs Bistro Clog (Shoes)
I have been happy with the bistro clog. I work as a server in a fairly busy restaurant. I have had a pair of the regular croc clogs for over a year and the bistro fits slightly different. The bistro is a little taller on the cup of the heel, has less air flow because of there are no holes, and it is less flexible than the normal croc clog. I didn't like the lack of air flow so I cut a hole on each side of each clog. This was easy considering there were already indentions. The bistro overall is a very solid and nice clog. I have worked in it for 2 weeks now.

5.0 out of 5 stars the most comfortable work shoe I have ever had, March 21, 2008
Waylon (panama city beach, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crocs Bistro Clog (Shoes)
After wearing a pair for one week I cannot go back to any other work shoe. Slip resistant, water resistant. bacteria and odor resistant. These are the most comfortable footwear for high volume kitchen work. I will never use any other shoe.

New development: So come to find out that Crocs are not good for people with back problems as it worsens the problem. So if you have back problems like I do. Do Not get these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for Culinary school, will wear everywhere, July 28, 2012
This review is from: Crocs Bistro Clog (Apparel)
I had back surgery a four years back, and have been pain free through a combination of yoga, core strengthening exercises and barefoot-style footwear. I was nervous when I faced culinary school because I'd be on my feet for so many hours. These crocs allow me to spread my toes, run (if necessary) across a slippery floor to turn off a boiling pot, protect from falling knives, and even though every part of me aches from the workout school provides, after a long day my back is fine.

If you are used to a lot of sneaker-style support you may take a week to adjust to them (bring an extra pair to switch to school/work) but after you get your muscles in shape, you'll never want anything else. The reviewer who "heard" crocs are bad for your back should provide some sources. Unless you have unusually high arches or unusually flat feet, shoes that provide less support are actually better for you. Do some searches on "barefoot running" and "Stanford head coach Vin Lananna" or check out the book Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen ... less is more and crocs give you just enough to stay safe in the kitchen, and no more than that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed for the price and features, October 16, 2013
This review is from: Crocs Bistro Clog (Apparel)
Well, I wish I would have read more reviews on this product, as just like many people have already said in reviews, when buying these clogs you should definitely go a size down from what you normally wear in 'regular' shoes. I bought a size 12 Unisex Bistro Clog for a job I just acquired in food service that required slip-resistant black shoes. They are very comfortable and I'm sure they're worth the $28 I paid for them with free shipping, just wish I got an 11 instead of a 12. If everything goes well I'm sure I'll end up ordering another pair in 4-6 months, if things go even better maybe a year? Either way I'll be getting a smaller size next time. Awesome 2-day shipping, thanks Amazon!

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT BUY, January 21, 2013
Length:: 0:20 Mins

im a full time chef and receive the crocs about 2 weeks ago and soles are already coming off. this is the first night i have noticed because i tripped because of them and i am sure within a couple of days they will come off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Curious Crocs, September 15, 2013
This review is from: Crocs Bistro Clog (Shoes)
I love Crocs. I've lived in them for about ten years... exclusively. The snobs that feel they are somehow entitled to dis these magnificent inventions because they view them as "grotesque" or "ugly" footwear may simply take a large bite out of my well-endowed derriere. Crocs are the most comfortable and enduring shoes I have ever worn and I pray earnestly that they never become extinct - I'm just not sure what else I could wear and not have my feet in absolute agony. I do have to admit, however, that this particular pair has a curious characteristic. I'm not sure if it's my feet or the design of the shoe itself, but when I walk, each step creates a suction that makes a diarrhea farting sound. Since I spend most of my days with little children, the questionable auditory stimulus serves mainly to elicit laughter. I'm not quite sure, however, if I have the testicular development to wear them around adults. In the meantime, I've heard it said that nobody's gaseous expulsions smell to themselves. On the basis of that edifying concept, I will resign myself to enjoying my curiously unique farting shoes. I guess I can always blame it on the dog.

Crocs Bistro Clog