Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: crocs Unisex Classic Clog
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Apparel|Change
Price:$25.49 - $49.99

on March 22, 2012
I do love my Crocs, don't get me wrong... but it took three tries before I got a "good pair", which it why it gets 2 stars. I bought two pairs on Amazon and was unhappy with them. The size 6 were too small and the size 7 were too large. The 7 was REALLY large. I think the 7 would have been ok but one heel strap was a different length than the other. The cotton candy color looks flat in the picture here and really it's a shiny, almost metallic, color.

I decided to order shoes directly from Crocs web site to see if I got a different result. I ordered two more pairs of shoes. This time, I got a size 7 that was abnormally large with different length heel straps. But I also got another size 7 that fit PERFECTLY. Upon investigation I noticed that the ones that was huge with odd heel straps were manufactured in Mexico. The pair that fit perfectly was manufactured in China. The shoes from Mexico had straps of different length and the nubs on the inside of the shoe were rather flat. The shoes from China were perfectly the same size, had a better texture on the outside of the shoe and the nubs inside were more pronounced. The shoe from China was a much better product and putting them next to each other was like night and day. It's not a problem with the vendor supplying the shoe... it's a problem with maintaining manufacturing standards. I called Crocs and let them know that there is a stark contrast between the shoes from Mexico versus the ones from China.

Regarding sizing: I normally wear a 6.5, occasionally a 7. On Croc's web site they recommend going down a size if you typically wear a 1/2 size. I would say this is not always true. The larger size fit me better. It might be a good idea to fit the shoes at a store before buying online.
55 comments|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2008
At first I didn't know what to make of this shoe/sandal... it's lightweight, comfortable and "convertible", which is a nice feature that I've never seen in a sandal before. First, I'll break down the benefits, then give the low-points.

"LIGHTWEIGHT & COMFORTABLE"
This is probably the most attractive feature of the CROC, because it adds to the comfort and makes you feel like you're walking on air. By far the most comfortable things I've ever worn and I'm a picky shoe person. I have only owned 1 pair of sandals for the past 6 years and have hated every other sandal I've tried on, so these CROCS are definitely special.

"CONVERTIBLE"
You can turn the "sandal" into a "shoe" simply by pushing forward the strap. In "shoe" mode, it's a tighter more snug fit, so you don't have to worry about it coming off your feet. In "sandal" mode, it's easy to slip on and off (although it has a tendency to cling to the bottom of your feet), for that quick trip outside to take out the trash, or pick up your cell phone that you left in the car.

PROBLEM: "SWEATY FEET"
One problem I have with the CROC is that it doesn't ventilate very well. Sure, it's got holes. But the material is such that it traps heat so you're feet end up sweating in warm weather.

PROBLEM: "HOLES ALLOW DEBRIS IN"
Another problem is that the holes allow all sorts of debris into the sandal while you're walking, such as loose rocks, wood chips at the playground, sand and dirt (when you're not at the beach), and rain water (puddles in the parking lot). This means that you're feet get dirty rather quickly and can be uncomfortable at places where there is a lot of debris - eg, playgrounds.

"SIZE & PRICE"
Sizing is a bit weird. I'd recommend going to a store first to try it on and see what size you are. It's hard to find a good selection at a store, so it's best just to dip in for sizing and then purchase the one you want on Amazon. Turned out to be the best thing for me, as I was able to score Army Green Caymans from Amazon, while searching at numerous stores I've only been able to find blue and black Caymans in sizes way too big. For $29.99 I think it's a bit pricey actually, but if you're picky about sandals like me, there's nothing you can do about it.

"STYLE"
One other thing you'll have to get used to is how aesthetically disgusting it is. Let's be frank: it's a damn ugly shoe and there's no way getting around it. It's not the prettiest thing to wear, but it's hands-down the most comfortable. Just be careful where you tread. Definitely not an all-terrain/purpose sandal. Good for beach and casual sidewalk/short trip walking.

"DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BEACH AND CAYMAN STYLES"
None. Except that the sizes for Beach version are "ranges" and are more roomy for your feet. Cayman sizes are exact and are more narrow. Try on before you buy as the versions are not the same.
1212 comments|393 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2008
Broke down and bought them after my last sliver from my splintery deck.
I went up a half-size because people said they ran small and they weren't in my actual size, and had opposite effect...will buy half-size DOWN in future.
on May 25, 2011
These shoes are at least one size larger than the "normal" size should be. I had to return my order and pay shipping. After reading the other reviews, I found that my problem is obviously not unique. Since there is no way to try out these shoes in local stores and buy the same size at Amazon (sizing inconsistent, depending on origins of manufacturers), I would NOT advise anyone buying them online.
on June 13, 2008
Ordered for my husband for Fathers Day. His normal shoe size is 10 1/2. So I ordered size 11. Way too large. Then re-ordered size 10, STILL way too large. Hopefully size 9 will fit. A full size and a half smaller than normal shoe size! I also ordered a pair for myself. My normal size is 8. So of course I order size 8, way too big too. Re-ordered size 7. These did fit.
on June 28, 2007
I have so many problems with my feet, crocs are like walking barefoot on a soft cusion. I love them
on May 2, 2012
PROS - very comfortable; provide great support for high arches; ventilated well to keep feet cool/not-sweaty; made of light-weight, soft, flexible material that prevents skin irritation/chafing.

CONS - Confusion about which size to select, especially for people who wear 1/2 sizes. My size is somewhere between W 7.5 - 8. Some reviewers recommend rounding down, while others insist on rounding up.

SOLUTION (part one - What Type of Crocs Are You Buying?) - Look at the Crocs Size Chart (google "crocs size chart" to find the official crocs link). Crocs has 3 different categories: "roomy fit," "relaxed fit," and "standard fit." The Classic Clog falls under the "roomy fit" category.

The Crocs sizing chart gives clues about whether you should be rounding down or up based on the type/style of Crocs. (I wish their suggestions were more specific, but their size chart does help a lot; if I hadn't used their chart, I definitely would've rounded up to an 8, which I now know would have been too large.)

SOLUTION (part two - How to Make Crocs Fit You Just Right) - My size 7 Crocs were just a tad too tight. I popped them in the dryer for 2-3 minutes and then stretched out the heel strap while warm. I ended up stretching them too much and stuck them in the dryer again to shrink them a bit. And now they fit perfectly.
on April 29, 2012
This is the shoe that every teenager should be wearing when they leave the house. Abstinence is the only way to avoid pregnancy, STDs, and other associated health problems. Don't leave it up to them.
on January 25, 2016
I got the chocolate brown and they look great whether puttering around at home or out on a casual outing.

They are of a waterproof foam material, so they are even perfect for showering at a campground, canoeing, or a day at the beach.

These have totally replaced my slippers, shower shoes and flip-flops. They perform all those functions even better than their predecessors!

They are easy to wash, just wipe them down, inside and out. They never get smelly.

They have ample wiggle room, so I can wear any socks and slide my feet in and out of them comfortably.

Crocs have a material density that provides both excellent cushion and resilient support.

They are my only footware that does not require added insoles for cushion as time goes along!

The contour of the footed provides just the right amount of arch support.

The only caveat is that the material is subject to wear over time, so keep a close eye on the tread and replace them if they show signs of getting bare--otherwise they can become VERY slippery on wet surfaces.
on November 3, 2010
I went to 3 Crocs stores to find a size that fit in a suitable color. Only one store had 1 pair of size 10 in the model I wanted. Unfortunately it was lime green, a color I did not want. But at least I was able to try it on and determine that it fit. So I order a size 10 from Crocs through Amazon (because I trust them). It arrived 4 days later, labeled size 10 and with the size 10 imprinted on the shoe, but the shoe was 2 sizes too big! After calling Crocs customer service, the rep tells me that it is a manufacturing mistake. So now I have to pay to ship this pair back, and hope I can find a store with a size 10 that I want. BOTTOM LINE: DO NOT ORDER CROCS OVER THE INTERNET! Get your act together Crocs. Your stores should be overflowing with size 10's, then you'll make some money. COME ON MAN!