Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: crocs Unisex Duet Athens Flip
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 8, 2012
Do Not Buy Corcs Duet Athens.
I have used Crocs MODI Flip for one year and loved them. Crocs sandals are great. All new sandals take time to get used to, but Crocs' Unisex Duet Athens are cut 3/4 of an inch higher on the strap than my older pair, with the thong between the toes 1/2 of an inch closer to the front of the sandal. These will never work. The net effect is that you Hang Ten. Your big toes will extend off the inside leading edges of these sandals and your arches will submarine too far forward. Unless you happen to enjoy walking like a pregnant penguin all day to try to keep them in place, look else ware for a better fit. Q: Does it run too small, or too big? A: These are both way too short in the toes, and too sloppy with the straps! The Crocs Unisex Duet Athens have too much flop and not enough flip for a good casual sandal fit. I am going back to the more athletic fit MODI. Amazon Prime made my return easy. Crocs' Duet Athens look good but do not perform to the high comfort standard expected.
on June 12, 2012
Yes, these crocs are Athens, HOWEVER please note the word Duet. They run much smaller than the old style, regular Athens crocs, which were always a size to a size and a half larger than your regular shoe size. These crocs are also cheaply made and can't compare to previous styles.
on October 5, 2012
I have been a Crock flip fan for many years, but this last time I went to purchase my favorite shoe. It had been discontinued. This one looked similar, but it wasn't the same, but I bought two pair in my normal size but found that they run small, real small, perhaps if I had been aware of the size issue I would have gotten at least one size up. If they fit they might be OK, but boy do the suck when they are too small.
on September 22, 2012
UNLIKE PREVIOUS CROCS, THE MATERIAL BETWEEN TOES IS TOO HARD AND MAKES SORES BETWEEN TOES. WHEN I CONTACTED CROCS ABOUT THE PROBLEM THEY SAID THAT WAS THE WAY CROCS WERE NOW BEING MADE AND DID NOT OFFER ANY HELP OR A REFUND. I WILL NOT PURCHASE ON LINE AGAIN.
on August 8, 2012
I have owned many pairs of Crocs and have loved them all until now. I purchased these and was in hopes of just putting them on and going. Much to my surprise they seem to be less than perfect they are truely cut way different than the pair I was wearing when I ordered them. I can't wear these they give me blisters and run very short. I at first thought I would try again as it was very hot and I thought it was just my feet but after trying again found NO way would these work. Since they were crocs and I know what I wear I didn't save my packing etc. I offered them to my daughter as her foot is smaller than mine but they didn't work for her either. I am now past the return time and have a pair of crocs no one can wear. Sad about this not sure what to do as I don't have packing but it is on my account. ???
on June 8, 2016
My husband and I both wear these flip-flops all summer long. We absolutely love the fact that they are super comfortable and are completely water proof. We wear them on rainy days, and anytime we are going to the beach or kayaking. They also have much better treads than most flip-flops do and do very well for clambering up rocks near the shore.
on May 16, 2012
These crocs run small. If you're between whole sizes, order the next size up. And if you have high insteps, look elsewhere because these crocs won't work for you--they're tight vertically.
on August 9, 2013
My SO has gone through 3 pairs of Crocs Athens flip-flops over serveral years and loved them. So she needed new ones, and we casually ordered new "Duet Athens" in the same size she always has worn. Big eye opener on arrival. They were a good inch too short and looked totally different in design. Back they went for the next size up. And here, the relationship got tense. I said you can't make up an inch in one shoe size. She says the other Crocs she just got (not flip-flops) were this size, the same as her shoe size, and were plenty big. So we get the one size larger Duet Athens she insisted on. Still a half inch short. I can't say I told you so and live, so we have a meaningful and relationship-building conversation that ends in this conclusion. The Duet Athens are in no way related to the original good Crocs Athens, and the sizing is anybody's guess. And even if they did fit, the design and quality is not the same and could not be as comfortable. Wait, is that two conclusions? Or three? Bottom line: THESE ARE NOT THE CROCS ATHENS YOU EXPECT, PAY ATTENTION TO ALL THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS, THESE ARE NOT WORTH THE INFLATED CROCS PRICE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. However, having said all that, Amazon is amazing for their easy return process and eating the multiple shipping costs. So, Yoo-Hoo Amazon and Boo-Hoo Crocs.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2014
I'm not sure if Crocs has changed their design or if this was just a fluke, but I've owned multiple pairs of these sandals as they are super comfortable. Living in Florida, my wife and I wear flip flops almost year-round.

We both wear the same size shoe, and I simply looked at the size on my last pair after if blew out during a drunken night of tiki bar dancing. I ordered the same size, and when we got these, they're so narrow, our feet barely fit in them??

They're the correct length, but way too narrow to wear comfortably??
on July 19, 2012
I had a pair of these from years before that I wore THROUGH THE SOLE. Finding these on amazon was a great treat. The one problem I had was with sizing. THESE RUN SMALL! Size up!
The sole is a great relief for me after a long day in heels. I have medium arches and these fit great.