1,245 Reviews

Published on August 31, 2010 by averagepunter

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Originals
Published 20 months ago by Jon

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, Everyday Crocs, August 31, 2010
This review is from: crocs Men's Yukon Sport Clog (Apparel)
Having worn my Army Green 'Off-Road' Crocs around the house (and occasionally to the beach) for more than 4 years, I finally decided it was time for a new pair. I settled on the all black Yukon Sport. Having worn them almost everyday for the last six weeks, I can honestly say I am very happy with my purchase even if the price was a little steep. The leather upper surface blends and bonds well with crocs croslite material. Your feet do not make contact with leather as it is the croslite material that lines the inside, so there are no rubbing concerns. Your feet do tend to retain a little more heat than with regular crocs which is to be expected given the more enclosed nature of the upper space, but in general my feet feel far more relaxed than wearing regular shoes or sneakers. Nonetheless, you do need to clean them regularly during hot weather to prevent odor build-up. The big plus with these is that I feel far less self conscious about wearing them out in public, and with the leather upper surface, they can be worn with a pair of jeans/khakis and look perfectly acceptable to all but formal occasions. The adjustable strap ensures a snug fit if needed, although I often wear them with the strap forward. Very happy overall - loss of one star as the retail price is a little high.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, with 2 key flaws, March 24, 2013
keelu (USA / Australia) - See all my reviews
This is my 3rd pair of exactly the same crocs, because I wear them until they die.

Pros:
• They're a great color next to jeans etc and the leather surface makes them look less comical
• All the usual comfort aspects of crocs

2 small flaws which I can overlook
• On certain street surfaces, when wet, these get *very* slippery, especially as the sole polishes down with age
• The clip that holds the strap is a weak point, and can snap if caught on something like a chair leg etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yukon Sport Crocs, November 5, 2010
I bought these Crocs because at my current location I have to walk a lot on rocks between locations such as from my sleeping quarters to the showers. With the previous sandals I had, the walk was a bit painful as the rocks were a little too jagged for the soles of the sandals. The Yukon Sport not only has a thick enough sole to protect from the rocks, I have also been able to use them as my shower shoes. The water has not changed the appearance of the loafers in anyway and the water drains off naturally. Overall I am satisfied with the purchase of the Yukon Sport because of its comfortable fit, the thick slip- resistant sole, and durability in the water that can be worn just about anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crocs Rock!, March 13, 2013
I'm very pleased with my order. The color and style are just as described on the web site. Caution: the sizing suggestion to order the next whole size down if you are half-sized may not work for some people. For example, I ordered a similar Croc style some months ago at the next whole size lower than my 9 1/2 shoe size, and the Croc was too tight, especially on my instep. On this order, I rounded up to a 10 and am very satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality isn't as good, April 30, 2013
As soon as I got the crocs I noticed loose thread. I snipped them off and went on. After wearing them for a few days more threads have come loose. The quality of this pair is lacking.

UPDATE: I sent a complaint email to Crocs and received a free replacement pair. The new pair has no loose threads and are holding up nice. I have given them another star for their great costumer service.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Originals, May 2, 2013
Jon (New York) - See all my reviews
I am rating these low based on this being my 3rd pair. I originally ordered the classic but the straps that held your foot in was defective on one of the shoes. After returning I decided to research and found these which had an adjustable strap so that I wouldn't have anymore problems at a drastic price increase. I thought I was buying peace of mind for the price but I was wrong. The pair of Yukon Sports I initially received were horrible in quality. There was glue all over the inside, thread that was not complete and they were deformed all this for a retail of $55. One shoe was squish in while the other was flattened (rubbed horribly on top of my foot.) I thought the deformation might have been caused from shipping as they came in a bag so I tried to give them a day and tried to reform them but no Luck these were messed up from the factory. So I sent them back for my 3rd pair which are perfect and fit and feel great. They are not as comfortable as the originals but are more stylish. I am finally satisfied but the quality control is ridiculous especially for the cost. Between my returns I learned that these are now being made in Mexico and not China and are now are having quality issues. So good luck; glad I have Amazon as they are the best in customer service and have made this nightmare manageable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, with one reservation worth noting, March 28, 2013
In general, concerning fit, roominess, comfort, stability, style, utility, etc., these are all-round excellent. Their adjustable-strap feature is especially important in my case in that, due to a neuropathic condition & corresponding loss of sensation & some flexibility in my feet, I generally need the straps behind my heels so as to insure a just-right fit and to keep these Crocs securely on my feet (or risk occasionally & inadvertently "slipping/throwing" a shoe if straps are forward). On all these counts, the Yukon Sport really delivers for me. One important "reservation" I'd offer concerns the orange stitching (for this color combination) bordering the black leather(ette?) piece covering the top & sides of the Crocs: In a couple of places, the orange stitching has pulled loose from the inside of each Croc, leaving unsightly "loose threads" outside & compromising in at least a small way the quality look of this particular style. And the odd thing is, in the approximately 6 weeks I've had them, these Crocs have only been worn indoors, on soft surfaces & open spaces (never been wet, either)--versus in harsher environments where they might scrape & scuff against objects that could snag a stitch & pull it out. So I'm clueless as to why some stitches have pulled. To this point, it's not been particularly difficult to re-insert a pulled stitch here 'n there. BUT, it's worth noting for prospective buyers that the stitching adds a "moving part" or element of uncertainty, so to speak, to an otherwise excellent Croc design. Overall, love the fit & function of these...but wish that, given their appealing looks (to me) & little higher price, the stitching was more secure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great casual shoe, May 15, 2013
Easy to get into and out of. Durable for everyday use. I use them everyday as a nurse. Comfort is amazing and support is more than adequate for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crocs has lost its way, October 11, 2011
Pete C (Orlando, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: crocs Men's Yukon Sport Clog (Apparel)
This is going to sound a bit ridiculous, but I feel betrayed by Crocs. When I was in Japan with some friends, we hiked up Mt Fuji. The hike back down caused immense pain with my hiking shoes...so bad that I could not walk without pain the next day. I remembered seeing a Crocs kiosk at a mall and thought...what the heck, they are ugly as hell but might be worth it for the comfort. They ended up saving my trip. They were beyond comfortable, and my friend also bought a pair. That shoe was the Cayman. Now, I have tried almost every good looking Croc in the catalog, and all I have found is a switch from the original, ultra-soft Croslite to a new, harder type. I'm sorry folks, but these shoes are the opposite of comfortable. Rather than the originals that alleviated pain, these create pain! I can't even stand in them for a couple hours, let alone a day. The Caymans were the cure for standing long periods. These are just plain hard...harder than the shoes I wear to work. I don't know what happened to Crocs, but it's not me. Others are complaining as well. I thought perhaps the Classics would be like the original Cayman, but alas they are not. Another hard-sole Croc. I recently ordered the Scutes...another of my favorites from a few years back. Will they too be hard? If they are the same as the other new ones I am going to have to give up on this company.

5.0 out of 5 stars A comfortable man shoe!, March 30, 2014
OK, some of my guy friends say crocs are for kids, but I find them a much more comfortable all day summer shoe than any saddles I've had. I bought this pair, a little fancier than my last pair, and they arrived with overnight shipping the day before I left for Thailand, where I am now. I've worn them all day for the last three days with lots of hot weather walking and they are great. By the way, if you think crocs are just for kids, I started wearing them because a rather burly Marine friend of mine recommended them, so if you want to argue with him, be my guest!

crocs Men's Yukon Sport Clog