Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more

Price:$39.99 - $89.99

on June 29, 2011
I've had a pair of these for nearly a year now, wearing them almost daily. At first I thought they were a bit expensive for a pair of canvas slipons. But they're much more durable than any another canvas slip-on I've worn (including the Santa Cruz model, also by Crocs). I like the styling very much, too. Nice touches like the tab at the back, which helps slip them back on quickly. They don't stretch out and get all distorted like the Santa Cruz ones either. I bought the black on black, and have had no problem with staining. I imagine if you bought khaki you'd see stains quickly - what else would you expect?

For me these are a definite winner. I'll be buying a backup pair soon.
33 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2014
I bought these because my Croc's modi flip flops are simply the most comfortable footware that I own. When my feet are tired after a long day, the flip flops give more comfort than bare feet. These Walu Slip Ons have the similar comfort given by the flip flop and the durable Croslite foot bed is removable for convenient washing. I bought these as an alternative to flip flops and sneakers, especially for traveling where open toed shoes are not allowed, but I wanted a casual shoe for the evening. These will compact by flattening out in the suitcase for airline travel and not suffer any unwanted damage. I usually wear a size 11.5 to 12 shoe, so I ordered a men's size 12 and they fit perfectly with socks on. With bare feet, they are slightly loose but acceptable. If your foot size is in the half size range and you prefer to wear these without socks, you may benefit by buying the smaller size, but mine seem to fit as expected in regard to size. As a side note this was not the case with the flip flops, which fit better a size or 2 smaller (10 instead of 11 or 12 in my case).
on January 27, 2015
Fit as expected fast delivery super comfortable.
review image
on February 8, 2014
I've had a pair of these shoes (black) for a year now, and I've worn them pretty much everyday. They have held up remarkably well. There's little to no discoloration. The sole still has most of the treads intact. Nothing has come apart. The only part of the shoe that is noticeably aged is the decorative stitching - on my pair, they have started to get a little tattered or even torn.

Compared to a pair of similarly priced Vans Slip-Ons, the ankle/heel of the Vans are more comfortable due to extra padding, but the insole of the Walu is much better. There's enough support, but also enough give to the insole that it makes walking very easy. Truth be told, I'll take a good insole over a good heel any day. The Walus also breathe very well, more so than the Vans. I couldn't wear the Vans for more than a day or two in a row before I had to air them out. The Walus I wear everyday, for hours at a time, and I've never had any odor problems and rarely any sweat problems (except on exceptionally hot California days).

Compared to Crocs Santa Cruz, the Santa Cruz has more arch support than the Walu, which is really my only complaint about the Walu. The Walu simply looks better than the Santa Cruz, in terms of color and design. I also feel it is marginally constructed better, but that may just be due to the limitations of the Santa Cruz's rather weird design. The insole of the Santa Cruz and the aesthetics of the Walu would be the perfect shoe, in my opinion. Unfortunately, it's a trade-off. But overall, it's still a very good shoe, and a good value considering how long a pair can last.
VINE VOICEon March 6, 2012
The short version: my feet feel like they're still in bed all day long - foot HAPPINESS.

The slightly longer version:

ALL Crocs are a deal with the devil in some way.

It started with the big Danish clog look. Ugh.

The hot sweltering rubber heat, only helped by gigantic gaping holes in the ugly shoes.

Then they wrapped pretty much the same shoes with leather, for a more dignified look (if you didn't look too close). This is where I started with Crocs. Never wore the full-on rubber clogs. Again...ugh.

Anyhow, then they became more dignified: the Santa Cruz style introduced a canvas upper (that breathes) and a more normal (if not trendier), more streamlined look (versus the duck feet).

Along come the Walu's...

My only "major" complaint is the cheap-looking canvas. It almost looks like that kind of weird cheap fabric they use to make the 99 cent eco-reusable shopping bags at Target or your local supermarket. Slightly strange, course in a weird way, odd. (I don't love the browns, either, but bought them because someone else said the khaki color stains easily. I figured I could deal with the brown, and I can.) Other say it is super durable and I can tell you myself even though mine are only a week old, they breathe nicely. You still get the "croc sweats" on the bottom of your feet, but it seems to get better after a few days.

The fabric of the shoe does this neat little ripple thing at the top, so they kinda have a bit of a funky, trendy, Tom's shoes type all-fabric look to them. Only difference is they are massively comfortable.

Someone was complaining about the Croslite material (which I worship, since I can wear NO socks and yet get NO powerful, room-filling stink-shoe...huge for me. Just wash them off when they get foot "gunk" on them and they are as-new in the smells and odors department) being "just an insert," to which I say...WHO CARES? It's Croslite, and it's NOT the sole (the originals used to wear down relatively fast...this one has nice harder rubber pieces for the high-wear area of the soles...making this shoe nice and long-lasting. Sweet!

I have wider feet and these are not the "old days" of free and unrestricted wide foot pancake-age of Crocs' yesteryear...no, if you want somewhat more dignified-looking shoes, you must rein your feet in a bit. For me, the tradeoff is fine. My feet are quite wide and the first few days these things rubbed blisters into the sides of my feet, but now that has loosened. They still feel tight compared to regular Crocs, but the overall experience thus far has definitely been the my-feet-feel-like-they-are-still-in-bed-all-day-long feeling. In fact, I just did a spontaneous woo-hoo happy dance after I got up to walk across the room because of it, and that made me write this review.

Highly recommended, recommended with slight reservations (and yet with more visual and style dignity) for the widest of foot (like me). Overall, highly recommended.
on December 21, 2012
What can I say - these are a great addition to anyone's summer wardrobe when sandals just don't cut it. I actually purchased these in advance of a destination wedding in the Caribbean. Call me old fashioned, but I don't think men should ever show up at a formal event like that with sandals, no matter how casual the dress policy.

These crocs felt great since I could wear them barefoot and look stylish and the grey with green accent helps give off a lighter summer vibe. The rubber air sole is comfortable to walk around all day in, and unlike most of their other shoes, I found these to fit my narrow feet very well. I wear these regularly in both day to day situations and casual nights out on the town.

I'd recommend wearing these an few hours at a time for the first few days just to work out any hotspots or rubbing from the cloth material on your feet. If you're looking for stylish and comfortable summer shoes, these are the ticket!
on March 25, 2014
As others have commented, they run a bit small, so if you're between sizes, or are a half-size, size up. The suede band on the back of one of the shoes came off after a few wearings. I tried to reinsert it without any luck, so I pulled the band off of the other shoe, so that they would match. Not a huge deal since the shoe has the same eyelets on the sides.

Perhaps the biggest issue for me is that this model uses a different and thinner sole than the original Crocs. While by no means uncomfortable, they're not as comfortable as regular Crocs and some of their other styles.
on April 30, 2015
Really like the styling on these shoes and the plastic insert is actually a nice touch if you wear them during the summer without socks like I do. Any other lining would simply collect sweat and start to smell much more quickly than this one does. The only issue I have with the shoe is that the canvas material can be a bit harsh on bare feet. First time I wore this it tore up the back of my heel where the upper edge of the back of the shoe was rubbing. Got a nice raw blister right away from that one. I had to wear them with socks for a bit until they were broken in - but after a week or two they were fine. No more blisters.

I've ordered two of these: the grey with green highlights and the black ones. I like the grey much better and have received several unsolicited comments on how nice they look. The black ones look a bit more clunky and slipper-like and the one comment I did receive indicated in no uncertain terms that I should probably seek out some better fashion advice when shopping in the future. If none of this is important to you, then no worries either way!
on September 16, 2013
I both these for my husband as a surprise. He absolutely loves them, says they are by far the most comfortable shoes he has. I will certainly get him another pair while they're available.

My comments on size, he has a wide foot and normally some trouble with width, these "fit like a glove" in his usual size so I suspect they run a little large. They are very, very light weight comparatively , so I think they would make an excellent addition for a trip, easy on/off at the airport, light weight if you pack.

Overall, these are great and I expect they will hold up well like my other crocs do.
on November 2, 2015
These are the second pair of Croc's Walu relaxed slip-ons that my husband has owned. He totally wore the first pair out. The fit is very comfortable, they have good support, and are extremely light weight. He wears them around the house, and also when out and about. They are perfect for the warmer weather, with the bonus of being good looking. Hope Amazon will still be selling these when this 2nd pair is worn out!!