Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 1, 2012 8:44:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 1, 2012 9:05:36 PM PDT
Kristin H. says:
I thought my 12-year old would enjoy this book, as he is interested in military & guns. By page 46 we had to put the book down, with the constant use of profanities. Really inappropriate for his age, unfortunately, as he would have enjoyed reading this book otherwise. Be warned, it's a rough read. I realize it's military- rough & tough guys doing their job, but the language (at least the few pages I could stomach) was really unnecessary.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:55:39 AM PST
Thanks for the info. It's hard to find reviewers who mention language for military books but this is useful to know.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 7:41:53 AM PST
YIGT says:
Well if your son is planning to join the military he should know that military people curse alot. Some use it like its the only words in the english language. The use in the book was true to life I never read anything in the book that was to extreme considering it in military terms. Now from a civilian stand point its extreme but in the military its sorta light. Just in basic training your going to have profanity screamed at you for weeks on end every day.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Sep 1, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History
American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History by Jim DeFelice (Hardcover - January 3, 2012)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (10,906)