Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 19.6 cubic ft. Extra Large Waterproof Vehicle Cargo Carrier Bag
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Size: 59" x 24" x 24"|Change

on March 9, 2012
I purchased this soft storage carrier to go on the roof of my 206 Honda Odyssey. This thing is LARGE, so make sure you have the room for it. Anyway, my family and I were moving across country and this thing worked awesome. The straps work great and I tied off the excess so I didnt have to listen to them flap in the wind for 2100 miles. It was very easy to install and it holds an enormous amount of things. 2 large suit cases, 1 medium suit case and a bunch of extra odds and ends. It didnt create much wind drag and really didnt affect our overall fuel consumption. We drove through every form of weather in the course of 5 days, rain, snow, wind, sunshine, and when we arrived, our items were all nice and dry. Not an ounce of dampness in the carrier what so ever. Also, for extra security, I suggest putting a padlock or combo lock on this. The Zippers are huge and heavy duty, and you can slide a lock right through both of them, so for extra long road trips like I took, you will know that your stuff will be there in the morning.
As for some of the items they recommend.
The Extra straps - get them. I doubt you'll have any problems with the straps on the carrier itself as they are very strong, but the ones by masterlock that they recommend are worth the extra couple of bucks and piece of mind.'

The roof liner - Its worthless. Like many of the reviews that I read, it is over priced and you get more than double the amount of the same product at Walmart of Target for like 5 bucks, so skip this unless you really dont want to leave your house. In all honesty, you probably dont even need this product, but it made my wife feel all warm and fuzzy, so there you have it.
on April 22, 2010
We have loved this thing. It holds a ton of stuff, waterproof and tough as nails. I have used it in the rain and the snow. Went on a 8 hour trip in the rain and everything in it stayed perfectly dry. The tie downs are great also. You do not have to worry about keeping up with straps to keep the bag on. This is the only bag I found that said it was waterproof. The others I researched all said weather resistant, that worried me. Great deal and I highly recommend it.
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2009
We used this item on a trip from Kentucky to Dallas and it worked great on the way to Dallas. When we loaded the carrier back up for the return trip a buckle on one of the four main straps that secures the carrier to the vehicle broke. Luckily we were paranoid about the carrier coming loose since we had never used one of these before so we had taken precautions by purchasing and utilizing heavy duty rubber straps and rope to tie it to the luggage rack. With three straps, 10 heavy duty rubber straps and rope we felt comfortable that it wouldn't fly off. I would gladly have given this product a better rating had it not broken on our first trip. The size is great, accomodates lots of stuff and is easy to use.
on December 20, 2011
I had searched far and wide for a car top carrier, lots of research and reading reviews. We needed a big one (for golf clubs) for our trip from MD to FL. First of all it packed a lot easier than I thought it would. We got a tremendous amount of stuff in it. I used the three straps provided, which worked fine but did slack up a little. I'm glad I purchased a couple extra duty straps that made all straps no concern. I taped the straps to keep down road noise. We did, however, run into a lot of rain. Perfect weather up to and after the trip, but lots of rain on the road. We did have a "little" leakage. Not much. We didn't put anything up there that couldn't stand a little water anyway. All and all, the carrier did the job, was well worth the money. We plan to use it again on our return to MD in May. I used someone's suggest to use non-skid rug pad on the bottom. We then used a sleeping bag mat. Everything worked fine there, no car damage. We lined the bottom of the carrier with misc. rugs we were taking, then 2 sets of golf clubs, utility ladder, 4 beach chairs, all of our misc. bedding, pillows, towels, comforters, vacuum cleaner and 4 couch pillows and lots of other stuff too numberous to mention. We did put some of the pillows and comforters in trash bags, glad we did. When we got here, we noticed some of the things were damp, nothing major. Very satisfied, I don't see how rain at 80 MPH could NOT get under the flap and through the zipper, so we're very satisfied. Would highly recommend, especially if you are hauling golf clubs.
on January 5, 2011
We purchased this cargo bag to accommodate the luggage of four teenagers and two adults, for a trip from Maryland to Florida, and leave room in the van for the people (and a dog). It worked very well for us. Easily fit five suitcases/rolling duffels as well as bedding. Everything remained dry. No problems other than the straps flapping and hitting the roof which my husband fixed on our first stop. Once they were tied up securely, we didn't have that problem again. I was a bit nervous about the straps (they didn't appear to be very heavy duty to me) but my husband said they would be fine and they were. Didn't supplement them with any other type of straps.
All in all, this is an excellent product for the price. Best part is we can fold it up and store it away in minimal space...unlike the rigid type roof carriers.
on December 29, 2010
I bought the cargo bag for a short trip that would possibly be in the snow. The material is relatively thick. I unfolded it at room temperature so that I would not crack the vinyl and rubber. The buckles worried me the most, but after 4 hours in freezing temperatures at 75 mph, everything held up and the cargo remained dry and secure!
on February 25, 2015
We bought this for a 2500 mile round trip to Florida. It performed great and had lots of room. When I loaded in NJ it was freezing and bag was in garage, made it tough to handle and zipper. In Florida that wasn't a problem and was easy to handle and zipper. It held two full size suit cases, one smaller suitcase, and two duffle bags and still has room. I didn't want to pack it too full to block lights or plate totally. I didn't use supplier straps. Looked like a pain. I used my own straps, was easy to secure and open with my straps. It's flexible enought to squish down if not full, which I think is easier to strap down with other straps too. On the way back there was rain and snow and freezing rain. Bag kept everything dry. I def recommend this bag. Rola couldn't answer simple questions about their product so i choose this bag. Glad I did.
review image review image
on June 10, 2013
Fastness of delivery? Check
Hugeness of bag? Check
Weatherproofness? Check
Worthlessness of accompanying straps? Check
Able to fit multiple totes or unruly kids during vacation trip? Double-check

This bag will burn a whole of awesomeness into your retinas, I kid you not. Although my cargo carrier is only 60x20*** (this bag is 60x24) the bag fit perfect. As I (and many other reviewers) have already commented, the tie-down straps that come with this bag (you get six) are completely worthless. But no worries, I used a couple of light-duty ratchet straps and 48" bungies and this bag was not going anywhere.

By the way, 48" bungies are just about the perfect fit if you intend on filling this bag to its potential...with unruly kids.

The zipper is somewhat heavy-duty material...and there are two zippers, just like your luggage. The holes in the tabs of the zipper are quite large...large enough to lock them with a small padlock I think (I did not try this...but it definitely looks like you could lock the zippers together with a small padlock).

***SPECIAL NOTE: And unless what you intend to carry/conceal is 24 inches square then don't kill yourself trying to find a 60x24 folding cargo carrier to match this bag. I went with a 60x20....Curt Manufacturing 18131 2-Piece Basket Cargo Carrier with Folding Shank. For the price it has worked out great.
on July 6, 2012
This product did an AMAZING job! Anyone with complaints had to have done something wrong. We bought RBG-01 to drive from CT to FL for the top of our Outlook hoping it would fit our luggage so we could have use of our 3rd row for one of the kids. Not only did it fit our large, medium, and small suitcases (laying flat) but we had room to spare so we threw in some misc items to fill the space. My husband bought extra tie downs but more for his peace of mind than out of necessity. We had read it was a good idea to tape down the excess straps because they will flap around and make a lot of noise. We didn't and very quickly realized our mistake so I very highly recommend doing so. We used duct tape and it held up well in the weather. We left CT in a rain storm and our things stayed dry but the real test was the storm we hit driving home. Torrential rain and winds (I'm talking zero visability and me begging my husband to pull off the road) through Georgia and South Carolina and not a drop of water in the bag! We got home and the bag still looks brand new as well. I will say it did drop our gas mileage and it appeared to be a pain to load and arrange everything into it but according to my husband those things would be true of any carrier wether you spent $40 or $400. If you are looking for a car top carrier w/o a hefty price tag that will keep your things safe and dry then I wouldn't bother looking any further. For $40 I would have been happy if it got us to and from FL so the fact that we will be able to continue using this in the future is bonus for me. This is one of the few products I can say I would definitely recommend as well as buy again. For the price tag it just can't be beat!!
on December 20, 2010
we have a CRV and just bougt roof racks and researched alot about bags (there are a TON that are too big for the CRV) and so we found this one that works perfect between the crossbars! we fit 2 suitcases and a few smaller bags. This freed up the back for my son's pack and play, stroller, and some other misc. stuff. We hit a really bad rain strom on the way back from VA to SC and for 6 hours it rained and I was worried we would have soaked clothes and everything was DRY! would definitley reccommend. The only negative I would say is that the straps seem a little flimsy. We had 2 orange belt ratchet things that we added and it made us feel more secure.